Chapter 19: Memories

Start from the beginning

I stared emotionlessly at my wife who had momentarily paused at the thought of a horrid memory.

"It was Valentine's Day and I'd planned a romantic dinner for him and I. I wanted to do something nice for him even after the way he'd been treating me. I had just finished cooking when I heard him enter after he'd been out all day with his friends. Expecting to hear one set of footsteps I was shocked to hear numerous footsteps and loud laughs slowly getting louder and louder. Damien entered the kitchen drunk from all the drinks he'd consumed along with his idiotic friends. All the men smirked at me and some began whispering things to each other.
"Damn Damien, your bitch is looking extra tasty today, can we have a go with her?". The men chuckled darkly all the while Damien stood there puffing on his cigarette smirking at me. He shook his head harshly and I let out the breath I had been holding.
"Gentlemen I haven't even had the opportunity  of taking her v card yet, but I assure you afterwards I'd gladly share her with you, for a fee of course". My heart sank as he turned his back on me and watched as the men licked their lips and their eyes roamed down my body.
"But, seeing as my pretty little kitten is dressed up for a special occasion, it would be nice for her to give something to me and my friends". I felt faint. He had always been forceful and tried to have sex but I'd always fight him away. I'd still remained to keep the one thing I valued most. Damien walked up to me and harshly wrapped his arm around me pulling me right up to his side.
"Come angel. Men make your way into lounge and get yourself comfortable, you're in for a treat". The men erupted in cheers and slapped each other's backs as they exited the kitchen.
"What are you doing Damien? What's going on?". Damien started walking out pulling me with him and he turned to look at me a showed a sinister smirk.
"Hush now darling, don't worry". We made our way into the lounge and my heart stopped when I saw a pole in the middle of the room and men sat on sofas all around the room facing the pole.
Damien pushed me in and shut the door behind him locking the door and dimmed down the lights. Standing in the middle of the room I stared at the men waiting in anticipation like a hungry beast staring down its prey. Damien came up to me and started grabbing at my clothes attempting to tug them off. The men began to laugh as I squirmed against Damien fighting to keep every ounce of decency I had left.
I fought so hard, but it was pointless. He pulled out a knife and ripped my dress in two leaving me standing there in my lingerie. Clinks of glasses and wolf whistles was all I could hear. I refused to look up at them, I just wanted to disappear into the floor. Damien made his way to his designated chair and picked up the speaker remote and turned on sultry song.
"Come on baby, dance for us". He forced me to dance and perform on the pole. He also forced me to give him and his men lap dances. My life was hell with him".

A loud riveting sound erupted in the room and to my horror I saw a large hole in the wardrobe. James' eyes were red and his nostrils were flared. He ran his hand through his hair and tugged it harshly.

James started shaking uncontrollably and paced around the room unsure as to what to do.

"Did he ever hit you?" James bellows through clenched teeth.

A tear escaped my eye as memories flooded back at the scars on my body, the bruises that took weeks to heal, the emotional pain I never healed from.

I nodded and James let out a deep growl. Lowering my head down in fear I expected him to lash out on something else. A window? A door? But nothing. Moments passed and not a sound could be heard. I refused to move my eyes from the floor and not to his cold blue eyes.

I let out a gasp as I felt muscly arms wrap around me and pick me up from the floor. Startled at his gentle actions I look up at James in shock and for the first time I see a man showing care and compassion. I'd never seen it from him before. He carefully manoeuvred himself onto the bed and cradled me gently rocking me back and forth. For the first time in ages, I felt safe and secure.

"I'm sorry for what you went through baby girl, but I want you to know that I will always keep you safe. No matter what".

Unknown

"Sir, we have information on James' new wife".

Twirling around in the leather chair I took another puff of my cigar and lifted both my legs up and rested them on the desk before me. Blowing out the puff of smoke I inhaled I butted the end out on my ashtray and rested my hands behind my head.

"It would appear that you already know her".

Raising an eyebrow up at the man stood before me who's eyes were looking everywhere but me.

"It would appear that your hot piece of ass ex girlfriend is James' wife. Damn he's a lucky gu-"

Bang

He fell harshly to the floor, still and lifeless never to move again. Emotions flooded through my head unsure as to how to take this new information.

Anger, rage, lust and confusion.

Why would she go to him? He's everything she despises in men. I need answers.

She thought she could get away and hide from me. Not anymore.

I'm like the big cat and I'm about to catch me my little mouse.

Sorry for any errors

Sorry for any errors. xoxo