Nyx Raven; A Witch's Creature (Part 6)

Hey! :D Sorry this one's so short! I edited the last section of part 5 though... my old ending had absolutely nothing to do with the story and it was also wayyyyyyyy too cliche for my taste. And so I changed it. I suggest that you go back and read the lat half over again so you don't get confused. So anyways, ENJOY! (Vote, comment, and fan! XD Thanks so much!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Have you ever been in a situation where you want to scream with joy and wail with sorrow at the same time? Where you want to laugh and cry, hide from the world and embrace it, explore a new place and run away from it, all at once? That was my predicament. It all sounds too cliché. Starting out entirely alone, a freak of nature. Ending up in a town full of people like me, and never even knowing people like me existed up until about four hours ago.

I thought over what Phoebe had said. "Welcome home, Nyxie." I'd never had a home. The witch had provided me with a roof to sleep under, but little more due to her lack of money and interest to spend any of it on me. After that, I stole from humans discreetly and slept in trees to avoid some scientist seeing my glowing silver skin and taking me in for examinations.

That was when I realized that I was staring at Phoebe with a dumbstruck look on my face.

"Nyxie? Nyx? Are you okay?" she asked waving her hand in front of my face.

"Uh... Yes. But... um... I'm not sure about the home thing."

She looked confused. "Why?" She asked.

"I just... I haven't gotten used to people yet. I spent 500 years alone. I don't know how much more I can stand."

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Come on, Nyxie. You'll get used to it. We all had to go out on our own for a while. It's part of your Acceptance. Sure, yours was a little longer, but you're already doing great. You only knew Tristan for, what, three hours and you already showed that you cared for him back in the cave. Oh, come on Nyx, your aura is turning gray. Calm down. Let's go."

"Phoebe! Really, it's overwhelming! I need to... I need some time!" I started sprinting off into the little patch of trees. As soon as I reached the center of the little grove, I climbed up into a tree and hugged my knees to my chest. A crystal tear escaped from my eyes and I fell asleep among the tree's cozy branches.