Nyx Raven; A Witch's Creature (Part 3)

I blinked twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. "Need some help?" said a tall muscular brunette. He seemed to be about twenty years old and his skin gave off a slight blue glow that matched his icy blue eyes perfectly. My tiny 5'3" frame was nothing compared to his probable 6'2". "No, uh, I'm fine I think..." My voice cracked.

I pushed myself off the ground, only to stumble towards the mysterious stranger. He caught me quickly by the waist. "I'm Tristan. And you are?" It took me a second to realize the question was directed at me. Not that there was anyone else in a fifty mile radius, I just hadn't been spoken to in so long. "Um Nyx." I stepped back a bit.

He laughed. "Well, Nyx. I assume you're one of the Witch's Creatures? I only say that because you're glowing bright silver and if you were a vampire you'd have fangs." Vampire? Did he just say vampire? Do they even exist? " Yes... I am. And what are you?" I asked. "Same." He said coolly. " How old are you?" That was easy. "619. And you?" I said proudly. "1498. You're a younger one, aren't you?" He retorted. My mood suddenly slumped again. "Let's go." He said and moved his hands from my waist and took my hand. Funny, I had forgotten he was holding me up. " No, wait. Where?" I stumbled. "The gathering place, obviously," Tristan said. I gave him a confused look. He asked "What you've never been to the gathering place? Didn't your creator ever take you?" I shook my head. "My creator took my LifeStone and left me after a year." His eyes widened in shock. "But you're a SilverSkin! You should've been in the castle since your 100th year! Oh, God! Damien is going to be so angry. Come on, we've got to go!"

"Wait. I don't trust you." I narrowed my eyes. "Transform." He sighed. "Do I have to? I am a mountain bluebird. Can you just go by that?" "No." I said slyly. "Transform." I smirked. Wow, I didn't even know I could do that anymore...

He stepped back and shrunk down into a pretty little bird with bright blue feathers on the back. Tristan sang a high pitched three-note song as he circled the room. He touched down in the exact spot where he began. Before I knew it he was back in front of me and pulling my arm to leave. I followed him down a flight of stairs that I hadn't noticed before and into a paved dimly lit tunnel. "Up for the walk?" He asked me. "Hopefully..." I replied. With that, we set off on our descent towards the unknown place which he called the gathering place.

I kept wondering about what it would be like there. Would it be other people like Tristan and me? Or would it be Vampires, werewolves, faeries, goblins, and all of that insanity? Did witches live there? If they didn't, how did all of the Creatures end up in one place? What were the SilverSkins? Why was it so bad that I didn't have my LifeStone?

All of these questions were swirling around in my head and I didn't know how it would add up. I kept following Tristan anyway and hoping something good would come out of this. I only hoped I could get used to people after being alone for so long.