Nyx Raven; A Witch's Creature (part 2)

Dominus Nex. God, how far can the stupid tree be? I had been flying for three hours, and believe me, it's not fun. I spent almost all my time falling into the deep, blank room full of darkness and questions. Oh wait, I would've done that, except for the fact that when you're a freaking bird, dazing out would mean either falling out of the sky or slamming beak-first into a tree. But never the one you want it to be. Always a rotting oak, or a sappy maple.

I kept my eyes peeled for the silvery gray bark and the ebony black leaves that appear dead brown to every non-magical creature.

Oh. Holy. Crap. The sky was lighter than I expected it to be. The warm yellow rays were peeking out over the silhouettes of the towering trees in the distance. You know, if my skin wasn't burning as hot as the freaking fire lining the gates into Hades' private mansion I'd think this was pretty. Hey, nothing like a birds' eye view. Literally.

Oh yeah, I catch fire if I'm a raven in the sunlight. I burn, but not like a human would. It's more of a fiery substance through the first four layers of skin which I then have to wait for it to grow back. It takes about twenty one years. Surprise, surprise. Did I forget to mention that? Oh well, there'll be plenty of that crap here.

Just when I was going to give up and let myself burn into a crisp, I spotted it. The silver bark interacted with the golden rays of light and worked like a second sun altogether. It hurt to look at, but I knew it would save my life. I tucked in my sleek black wings and drove my beak straight towards the tree. I braced myself for the impact that it always had on me. As I entered the atmosphere of the tree, time slowed itself. I was almost enjoying myself as I flipped and spun in the air. Then I hit the tree, and my Transformation recreated itself. I felt my bones being refilled, almost like pouring milk into a glass. (Brace yourself! This is gross...) My skin turned itself inside out as I grew about four feet taller within seconds. I shed my entire skin as a raven, and felt my hair sprouting and growing until it hung, limp and black, just below my waist.

I laid there on the smooth, cold, ebony floor with my back pressed against the silvery rough wall. I felt my skin barely radiating its silver light all over.

I rubbed my hand over the silky surface of my dress and made a mental note to steal a new one soon.

"Are you just going to lie there?" A voice in my head inquired.

I thought, "Go away"

"Come on, now you're just going to ignore me? It said a little louder.

Wait... That wasn't in my head. My heart dropped into my stomach and I opened my eyes.

And Oh. My. God. You won't believe what I saw.