Nyx Raven; A Witch's Creature (Part 4)

"How long are we going to have to walk, Tristan?" I asked meekly. He laughed. "I'd figured that after six hundred years you'd get pretty used to walking long distances." He said mockingly. I blushed. "You didn't answer my question." He sighed. "Fine. We're almost there."

After a few more twists and turns in the path we came up on a wall. It was solid silver.

"Nyx, put your hand on the center of the design and say ασημένιος καλύπτω."

WHAT?

"Um... can you repeat that please?" I coughed. "Sure. Say ασημένιος καλύπτω."

I pressed my trembling hand on the wall and cleared my throat. "Uh... Aonuevioc Kayutittw." The wall started to shake and I stepped back. "Nyx!" Tristan called. I was slammed back into the wall by an unknown force just as the ceiling started to rain down on us. "Tristan? Where are you? " Just then the room was silent except for my coughing as the room was filled with dust. "Tristan??? Where are you?!?" I was answered by an almost inaudible grumble under a pile of rocks to my left.

"Tristan!?" I leaped toward the pile and prepared to dig him out, but before I had the chance, the rocks were blown away from me and I kneeled before a twisted, broken shape that had to be Tristan. He was covered in little splotches of blood and laid in a pool of it. I screamed and heard footsteps pounding above us.

Just then two girls jumped down from the broken ledge and landed gracefully on the stone ground before us. The first was a bright eyed girl who seemed to be about seventeen, but knowing this world she was probably like 407836 years old. She had shoulder length blond hair. Her frame was small and she wore a plain white shirt with stressed jeans and a denim jacket. She opened her eyes widely and gasped slightly. The second girl wasn't quite as small but seemed to be about the same age. She had dark brown, almost black hair pulled back into a ponytail and wore a purple tee-shirt that said "Yeah, I'm a dinosaur. So RAWR.... And stuff..." A look of horror and a frozen scream crossed her face as she saw Tristan's shape lying in the rubble.

"Who are you? Why is Tristan like that? What HAPPENED?!?!?!" The brunette girl screamed. I stuttered. "I-I..." But I was cut off when the blonde girl said "Ivy, calm down!" She turned her head towards me and calmly asked, "What happened?"

"Well... I was at Dominus Mors when I met Tristan. He's the first contact I've had with another person in 500 years. He told me that I needed to come to the gathering place. He said something about a SilverSkin and that Damien would be angry... Then he took me down a tunnel and told me to put my hand on the ilver wall and say something I couldn't understand. When I said it the ceiling caved in and he was under a pile of rocks. I dug him out."

By then the girl the blonde had called Ivy was dabbing at Tristan's head wound with a wet cloth she had protruded from somewhere. She seemed really upset. The blonde girl said "Come on, let's get him to the Infirmary. What's your name?" I replied with a simple "Nyx Raven." "Wow, dark name huh? Are you the wallow-in-self-pity-type?" I sighed. "I was, but then again what can you do when you've been alone for 500 years?" She laughed. "Guess so. I'm Phoebe. You want to help me find a way to get Tristan out of here?" I agreed, and we finally decided that Phoebe would go get help while Ivy and I tended Tristan's worst wounds.