06.06.17

"Hey there, cutie," he says, as I close my locker door. I jump.

"Geez, Danny, don't do that!" I say.

"What? Say hello to my girlfriend? I can't do that now?"

"You know that's not what I meant. Don't sneak up on me like that! Tap the door or something, or make noise when you walk. You have silent shoes," I explain, now smiling because of the goofy look on his face. 

"Maybe you've just got terrible hearing."

"Y'know, that hurts, cause it's true." Now it's his turn to smile. "So where were you for the past year?" I joke, grabbing my lunch box out of my locker.

"Okay, you do this every day and I always tell you 'I had to pee.'"

"Unacceptable. Look around, there's nobody here. It's cause you take forever."

"You keep this up, and I'm not driving you home." 

I close my locker and gasp. I think for a moment, and come up with a solution. "Fine. I'll walk home," I say, folding my arms.

"The only place you'll be walking is to lunch with me." He holds out his arm, and I take it. 

"Ever the gentleman," I giggle. I look up at him, smiling as his brown hair flops into his eyes.

"Hey, guess what?" He asks.

"What?" I say, letting go of his arm and skipping backwards.

"There's only 13 days left until your birthday," he smiles.

"Oh, gosh. Stop counting down, it's not that big a deal. I'll only be 15," I say, grinning.

"Exactly! You'll be 15. And I have the perfect present for you," he grins like the Cheshire Cat.

"No. No no no. Don't you dare! You know perfectly well I don't want or need anything for my birthday. As long as I can spend it with you and my friends, I'm good," I say. "Well, I wouldn't oppose cake."

"But I want to give it to you. And I already got it!" He whines.

"Alright. What is it?"

"Nope. It's a surprise."

"Damn you. You know I'm just keep bugging you."

"Haha, okay. You will love it, that's all I will say."