4

CHAPTER FOUR
"WHILE MEETING NEW PEOPLE, ONE GAINS AN ACQUAINTANCE." 
JUNE 10TH 1990

⸱៰ ͘ ࣭⸰ ꕤ JACKIE STANSFIELD ⴰ  ࣭͘

⸱៰ ͘ ࣭⸰ JACKIE STANSFIELD ͘

Jackie settles her Mother's pearls around her neck. Smiling at her finally finished Sunday's church outfit.

Jackie was an active church member at Pastor DeGrate's Church that was just around the corner.Her & Romeo attended every Sunday they could and today she would be introducing her little sister to the rest of the church that would ask questions about her disappearance. It came across like everyone caught sight of the missing person from their family for a few years and it irritated Jackie to have to clarify to them that the gossips were false.

"You better be lucky I love you." Janine mutters as Jackie looks at her dress grinning at the view she was seeing. Jackie persuaded her sister last night when she got home and now she wasn't regretting it at all.

Janine spun in the mirror to the skin-tight midnight blue dress that Jackie had and had personally curled her hair herself.

"Uh huh girl. Love you too." Jackie kissed her sister's cheek and slid her, her mother's necklace. Janine's eyes widened to the sight of the name Jennifer nameplate. She hadn't seen it for twelve years now and just seeing the name brung a slight burn in her chest.

"You...giving me this to wear?" Janine looks down to her short sister who was smiling cheek to cheek. Jackie had walked behind her and fastened the necklace on before she looked around her sister's arm to see it in the mirror.

Janine's smile got wider every glimpse that she took at the significant necklace around her neck. She honestly wanted to cry but knew it was the wrong time for it.

"Look y'all taking 3 months and a day. Hurry up. These pants is in my ass." Johnathan shifts his tight navy blue slacks around earning an erratic giggle from his younger sister.

"Nigga...you look like if you think too hard , you gonna' buss out of them." Jackie jokes making Janine sit down on the bed to regain her breathing.

"It's not that funny , y'all both look like creatures.C'mon little J's . Where Homie-O at?" Johnathan questions while Jackie grabs her keys to lock up the house behind them.

"Probably picking up his Mother.So come on and let's not be late." Jackie grabs her purse and the two walk down the hallway and out the door.

•••

As the three Stansfield's walks up the myriad of steps, along with other people in the community. Jackie turns to the left to see her brother while on the right stood a quiet Janine. A smile emerged on her lips, proud to be able to have both of her siblings in the same vicinity.