Chapter 17 - Once In A Full Moon

Sora P.O.V
I didn't know what to do,  my mind was spinning and my anxiety had grown significantly. Sashiru a shifter? It can't be but it all makes sense, the constant flashes of Rez and the hospital and the symptoms she showed earlier but what animal had Rez made her.  A cat? , a dog? A Panther?! She could be any of those animals or something else.
I heard footsteps and wiped my thoughts into the back of my mind,  not wanting to cause Sashiru to worry anymore then she already was. Which is why I decided on keeping the knowledge of her possibly being a shifter to myself. 

Sashiru entered the kitchen,  she looked exhausted her pale skin adding to the look of weakness she already had. I smiled at her softly,  gesturing to the tea pot offering a cup of tea, she nodded a yes before taking a seat on one of the stools by the bench. I handed her the mug of rose tea and took a seat next to  her, watching her sip it slowly. A single tear slipped from my eye, quickly I brushed it away before she noticed. I hated seeing her like this. It wasn't fair.

I heard a knock on the door , jumping off the stool I went to see who it was. I was surprised but also relieved when I opened the door to the friendly face of Shuko. I opened the door wider inviting him in for a cup of tea which he politely refused.

I left the room, I thought it might be nice for the two of them to catch up officially seeing as they haven't really had the time to do so since he got back.

Sashiru P.O.V
Sora stood up to fetch the door, I sat silently as he opened it and Shuko walked in with a soft smile playing on his face. Shuko came over,  taking a seat next to me in place of Sora. I looked over to Sora who stood in the far corner with his hand on the studies door handle, he smiled softly as he noticed me staring before entering the room,  leaving Shuko and I to talk about what had happened with Abeni. Before I could even ask my first question Shuko answered it for me , ' I know what you're gonna ask me  so I'm going to answer it without you needing to. Abeni was doing a undercover mission infiltrating the scientists in New York. By herself. Which is why I freaked out because if they caught her then they would hurt her and I couldn't let that happen to her which is why I left . I'm still sorry that it was so sudden.' He said as I nearly spat out the tea I was drinking , ' You mean to tell me that their is scientists all over the world and not just here?!' I practically yelled. ' Yes. Yes indeed their are which is why the world is dangerous for us , especially when the lab here is the only one who are associated with the SHIFTER program. So if they caught one of us in New  York they'd be worse to us then the scientists who created us' he said sighing as my face dropped , I was starting to feel the anxiety creep up until Shuko placed his hand on my cheek , rubbing it softly. I missed his touch , even if it wasn't the way I once liked it for. ' Well back to catching up then?' he said smiling sweetly , ' Yeah , that's probably a good idea' I said tilting my head slightly. 

                                                                *

Shuko waved good-bye , then closing the door as he turned and started to walk down the path to Skyler's. I felt a warm presence from behind me , I turned and found Sora looking at me lovingly. I giggled as he lifted me up into his arms and spun me around , kissing my forehead before putting me on the ground. I kissed his cheek before running up the stares , poking my tongue out as he tried to catch me. Throwing our bedroom door open , I jumped onto the bed grabbing a pillow with me as I rolled off. I lay on the ground beside our bed , armed with my pillow , hidden from his sight. He searched frantically , then just as he turned his back I jumped up , screaming my battle cry and whacking him with my pillow causing him to let out a girl shriek of distress. Falling to the floor , I held my stomach as I laughed , and laughed , and laughed. Sora grabbed his pillow and before I knew it he was whacking me in the face with it , causing feathers to fly everywhere , surprisingly it seemed like a shot from a girls slumber party in a movie. Although this was...... Way more romantic. 

All of a sudden Sora was on top of me , pinning me to the ground. Before he could do anything , I sat up in his grip , pressing my lips against his. As he kissed back he was distracted enough so that I could flip him off me and make me on top. We both giggled as we continued to play fight as the sun started to set , the golden rays lighting the room with a comforting glow.