So this is the kind of stuff my humble man gets proud over? Good to know.

"That's what to expect from a couple like you two."

"Like us two? What are we like?" Okay, he's just fishing for compliments now.

I turn to him with a sharper gaze this time, you do know what we're like, it doesn't make it realer coming from someone else's mouth.

He sticks his tongue out at me and disregards me, lending his ears to Eunae. I'm left dumbfounded with no words to say. He just stuck his tongue at me?

Eunae went on without my attention, "You guys are the exact mold for what hopeless romantics want. Love unaffected by time and the world surrounding...you guys are living a movie right now. And look at you two," she sits back against the cushioned seat, and I finally look at her.

"You guys are perfect for each other. I don't see either of you being with anyone else. I am literally incapable of it. Remember when we were in high school?"

I took the time to think back to that time. We all looked so different, I was much more petite, Eunae's voice was a lot higher, and Jungkook's hair was still as straight as his sexuality.

"You guys bickered for one week and went on sucking each others faces in the other. I've never seen a couple get together that fast and still stay together for so long."

Jungkook was quick to retort, "Well, there's only one Aera, I knew to take my chances."

I didn't expect myself to blush, but I do.

"Enough about the two of us," I clear my throat shyly, "The whole country already knows what we're up to. What was everything like for you after we left?"

Her eyebrows raise as she let out a long exhale, as if she was overwhelmed by what was to be told, "Well, Bangtan fell apart because whenever we got together, all we would talk about is Jungkook not being here and you going missing. We couldn't focus on anything else...I told myself for a while that you passed away."

I chuckle but she was apparently serious when her face remained solemn.

"Jungkook probably already told you Aera, but Taehyung and I broke up. I haven't seen him since high school, but I heard he's an independent photographer now. I don't think he lives here anymore."

Eunae sounded sad as she spoke of this. Does she still have feelings for him after so long? Did time also leave her heart unattended? I hope that isn't the case. I know what it's like to miss your other half. It's cold, and it's empty. And nobody else's company would ever be able to fill up for that hole. It's reserved for one person only.

"Do you...miss him?" Jungkook asked before I could do the same.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we all do, Jungkook."

"No, like...miss being with him. Not the same for us."

Eunae's fingers reached to scratch against her cup as she pursed her lips, then she exhaled with a sigh, "I do. But I don't think it'd work out. We didn't break up because of something external like you two. There was something wrong with us, things that we weren't willing to change for each other. I wouldn't expect him to change for me now either."