starry night

Prompt ^
Krystal80

Enjoy!
***

I release a loud frustrated groan pulling my tie away from my neck before rapping it again for the tenth time. I eye myself up in the mirror and can't help but think about her, my thoughts always taking me back to her. I can't help but sigh wanting to see her badly right now knowing she is going to look like an angel tonight, not that she doesn't look like one everyday.

As much as I am excited to be with her , I am more than nervous for the night . And this time it is not due to the prospects of receiving a award , although there is a bit curiosity but at the thought of meeting people , especially her friend's as her boyfriend.

Amazed , right? Even I was when we got together although a little less than at the time she professed her attraction and love for me. I have no idea how all of this happened, never imagined she will choose someone as simple as me but I will not shy away from saying that we were meant to be.

Because we were- we are , so meant to be together.

And somehow I knew that from the start, the very first time we meet- the day we shot our first scene.

I knew from the way my heart used to race and still races just by being near her, the way all my worries get evaporated into thin air just by her smile, the way she supports me, the way her presence makes me feel at peace and the way only she can calm me down.

And how badly do I want her to do that right now!

This havoc in my mind is unbearable as I continue to struggle with my tie, clearly taking out my frustration on it.

I know and I am experienced with people talking and people talk about her more than anyone. It had never mattered to me and it still doesn't. But her friends do matter, their opinions matter , their thoughts about me matter , their acceptance to us - everything matters. And I am going beside myself into thinking If they will even accept me or not

"And you are here. I have been looking over everywhere for you. What happened to picking me up at 6:30?" I turn around at her voice, my eyes going wide as slap my forehead. I totally forgot to pick her , I look at the clock and it strikes to me I completely lost track of time with my thoughts.

"Shit! Sorry, Jenny. I completely forgot. This tie is not behaving!" I mutter pulling at the tie. I want to just throw it away and I am about to but she stops me.

"Come here, let me help you" sh esasy moving forward ,about to hold the tie but I shake my head

.

"I can do it -" I say going back to put it only for her to cut me

"I know you can. But I want to help." She stays stepping closer to me and I sigh giving up the fight. I ruffle my hair as she concentrates on the work at her hand now.

I look at her as she starts to speak, her voice soft , her eyes flickering back and forth between the tie and me It's not the tie not behaving properly...... You look tensed"

"I - I am. Why did you have to tell it to everyone?!" I can't help but blurt at once. This nervousness killing me , making it impossible for me to keep in.

"What? What about?"she asks and I gesture between us

"About us!"she pulls away with a look and questions "What do you mean?"

"About us, being together. Now, all your friends know." I stress feeling more tensed, I am so not good with judgments and I want her friends to like me

"Didn't you want to tell--Are you ashamed of me?" she asks her voice dropping an octane , her words surprising and I am shaking my head even before answering her.