As I'm stretching my hand I look down at the tree stump that I'm sitting on. The rings of the stump mesmerize me, using my finger I begin to trace the rings making my way to the center. When I reach the center of the tree I realize that the last ring is different. It almost looks like, a hand print? But it's way too small to be adult. I place my palm over the hand print and the next thing I know darkness is engulfing my vision.

Where am I? My eyes flutter open and I find myself lying on the tree stump that I found earlier. I quickly stand up and brush the leaves off of myself. Spinning in a circle my eyes assess my surroundings. I have no idea where I am. I remember coming here from Stiles' house but I have no idea how I'm going to get back. Everything feels flipped. Like somehow where I am, has moved. If that makes sense. 

So, leaving the clearing I decide to wander around the forest until I find myself on the street. I probably should have paid better attention on my way to Stiles' house. Emerging from the forest I try to locate something familiar, anything really.

Eventually I find myself on Stiles' street and attempt to climb into my room through the window I left open. Unfortunately it's not as easy to get in the way I came out so I give up and walk to the back of the house. Luckily the back door is unlocked. Wait, isn't this the sheriff's house? I laugh to myself realizing that the sheriff doesn't even lock his doors.

When I enter I slip off my mud covered combat boots and throw them to the side. I'll clean the mud off later. I wander my way to the bathroom and strip my clothes off. I turn on the water and hop into the shower.  I let the hot water run around my body as I scrub myself clean, the water turning a murky brown at the bottom of the tub. 

When I get out of the shower the mirror is fogged. Wiping the mirror off I reveal my face, I stare at my eyes. They look the same. But different at the same time. So many things have changed over the past couple of weeks. I haven't been keeping up with the news or anything but to the best of my knowledge I am still dead to the world. I stare at my light blue eyes, they still have that hollow look to them. 

All of a sudden I hear someone running up the stairs so I quickly get dressed. When I open the door I see Stiles and Isaac standing in the hallway. 

"Umm, Hi?"

"Terra!" Stiles turns to face me. "Where-where were you?" I could tell him the truth but instead I simply shrug and push past him to get to my room.  "That's it!? You disappear early in the morning- or late at night- I don't know! And all you do is shrug when someone is actually worried where you were!" 

I turn towards Stiles. Why does he care? He doesn't even know me. He should be glad that I came back at all. I didn't need to, I would have been fine in the forest again. "Why do you care?" I retort. 

Stiles' moves his mouth up and down searching for words. But he doesn't say anything. I nod and turn away from them. I grab my combat boots and I'm about to climb out the window again so I can clean my boots outside when Isaac stops me, "We were worried about you." 

I sit on the window ledge. "Why." 

Stiles and Isaac step into the room cautiously. "We didn't know what happened. And I don't know, we were worried. I was worried." Stiles stammers running his fingers through his hair. 

I stare at them. They actually cared about me. Why would they care about me? Suddenly it feels like the walls are closing around me and I feel like I can't breathe. All I know is I need to get out of this room. I take a couple of deep gulps trying to catch my breath, I glance outside the window and then back at Stiles and Isaac. I can't stay in this room, so I jump out the window and sit on the roof leaning against the outside of the house. I hear Stiles gasp when I jump and he runs over to the windowsill. When Stiles' head appears out of the window he turns his head searching for me. When he finally spots me sitting on the roof next to the window he sighs with relief.