Chapter 28 Preparations

Start from the beginning

‘’ Legolas?’’

‘’hmmm’’ he mumbled while stroking her hair

‘’Who do you love Ellaria or Athena?’’ she asked while looking up at his face, the elf was thinking about what to answer.

‘’You’re both Ellaria and Athena so both’’ he said

‘’ Who do you love more? Personality wise?’’ she asked

‘’ I would say yours, I fell in love with you because of your bright personality’’ he said and she smiled.

‘’ Mela en' coiamin(love of my life), I love you so much’’ Legolas said as he stroked her cheeks , Ellaria leaned into his touch. Legolas waited until Ellaria tell him that she loved him as well. He frowned when she did not however, Ellaria did not know why but saying I love you seems difficult to her.

Suddenly they heard a knock in the door, it opened to reveal Aragorn.

‘’We have to prepare now’’ he said directly to Legolas.

They both pulled away from each other suddenly, embarrassed from getting caught although Aragorn seemed not to mind. He smirked then became serious all of a sudden.

They all went outside to see people preparing for battle, the woman clung unto their husbands who wore armors.

‘’I want every man and strong lad able to bear arms to be ready for battle by nightfall’’ Athena heard the king commanded.

The soldiers began preparing for battle; she was scared but did not show it. They did not stand a chance, she knew it deep inside.

She saw the women and children bidding farewell to their husbands and father crying, it was the most heart breaking sight she ever saw.

‘’Farmer, farriers, stable boys, these are no soldiers’’ Aragon said in a sad tone

‘’Most have seen too many winters’’ Gimli said appearing out of nowhere, referring to the old man that were preparing themselves.

 ’’Or too few.’’ Legolas said looking at the young boys who were choosing swords they wanted to use.

 ‘’Look at them. They’re frightened. I can see it in their eyes’’ Legolas muttered quietly.

‘’Boe a hyn: neled herain dan caer menig!   (And they should be... Three hundred against ten thousand!)’’ he said turning to Aragorn.

‘’Si beriathar hyn ammaeg na ned Edoras. (They have more hope of defending themselves here than at Edoras.’’

‘’Aragorn, nedin dagor hen ú-'erir... ortheri. Natha daged dhaer!  (Aragorn, they cannot win this fight. They are all going to die!)’’ Legolas argued.

‘’Then I shall die as one them! ‘’ yelled Aragorn then walked away.

Legolas was about to go after him when Gimli stopped him ‘’ Let him go, lad. Let him be’’ he said and Legolas nodded.

Athena sat with Eowyn , they were in the cave along with other women and children. She hated how she felt so useless hiding in a cave, she wanted to go out there and fight for the people of Rohan. She only agreed to stay as Aragorn has persuaded her to stay; he said that Legolas would be too distracted trying to protect her if she fought as well. They were talking quietly when she heard a women cry, she turned to see Edith  refusing to let go of   Arthur.

‘’Don’t, he’s too old’’ She said stopping the soldier from taking his fake father.

‘’ Believe me I do not wish to do this but I cannot disobey the king’s orders’’ The soldier said in a solemn tone.