Right and wrong

Rain

Luke brought me home, and shortly after we arrived, Mom and Dad arrived. It agitated me. Cole came out of the kitchen as I had a full-fledged meltdown. They tried to calm me wasn't working.

The noises and lights, oh god. My sensory overload was too much as I screamed. I just wanted it to stop - too much information. Too much happened.

As Dad tried to calm me, I lashed out as Mom called someone. They hurt him. They hurt me. Why? Why? Why? The flashing lights. Make it stop! I hit my head. I couldn't process the information. It was too much.

Then it all stopped.

I opened my eyes, and someone looked at me. It was quiet, and the noise left. I looked into brown eyes. They reached over and carefully removed my noise-canceling headphones and handed them to Dad.

"Rain, listen to my voice. The noise is over. The lights have stopped," the person said in a calm tone.

My eyes moved.

"Right here. Look, here," someone said in a calm, firmed voice as the person pointed at their eyes.

I maintained eye contact.

"Okay, now, I want you to breathe," he advised me as I took breaths and finally felt calm.

I looked at him as he smiled at me. "That's my beautiful Rainbow, who I love so much. See, after the storm, comes the rain, then the Rainbow."

I hugged him as he hugged me back.

Dad looked at Papa and said, "Thanks, Dad."

"It's no problem. I know sometimes things happen, and we remember that a little kindness goes a long way. Now, do you want to tell me what happened," he asked me.

I let go of him.

"Ella and Darcy held me down in the hallway. They were yelling at me and threw trash at me. Antonio helped me and hit Ella. She called the police. They arrested him. I tried to help him because they were hurting him, and they pushed me. I hit my head. They took Antonio," I said to them.

They looked at me.

"Oh, and Antonio saw me in my underwear. I saw his body, and he has a nice body," I finished.

They all looked at me, shocked.

"Okay, now that we've established Antonio and you saw more than you should have, which is not wrong," Papa reassured me.

"Can I have my snack now?" I asked them.

"How about we get you some clothes first?" Nana suggested as she led me upstairs.

Papa looked at them. "She seems very fond of this, Antonio."

"He's been a good influence on her," Dad told him.

"Dad, you will not stop him from seeing her, are you?" Luke asked him.

"No, I can't fault him for helping her. But I'm tired of those two girls. Every time we make progress, they set her back," he said in a frustrated tone.

"Then maybe it's time we do something about it. The bullying needs to stop," Mom told him.

"I know, but I need to go see someone first," he said as he turned and left.

I came downstairs and looked at papa, "Are you going to have a snack with me?"

"I would love to," he said to me as I grabbed his hand and dragged him into the kitchen. Cole got my snack together along with extra for papa and himself. He joined us.

Antonio

I lay on my bed, trying to figure out what to do when Dad called for me. Now, what?

I got up and went downstairs and saw Mr. Hardwick standing there, great.

I walked over to him, "I'm sorry if I caused any trouble," I said, but he cut me off and hugged me. What just happened?

He let go of me and said, "I wanted to thank you for helping Rain today. I know you got into trouble for it."

"I couldn't stand by and do nothing. It wasn't right," I told Colton.

"That is why I asked them to pair you with her. Rain knows the difference between right and wrong, and so do you. We need more people like you," he complimented me.

"You don't know how much that means to me." I looked at him, surprised.

"I think I do," he smiled.

"Does this mean I can still see Rain?" I asked him, hopeful.

"I would like it if you did," he said sincerely.

I looked at my parents.

Dad rolled his eyes. "Go." You didn't have to tell me twice. I grabbed my coat and ran out of there.

Rain

I sat at the table and played a board game with papa, Cole, and Luke. There was a knock at the door, and I heard his voice. I got up and came into the living room as I saw him standing there.

"Rain," he said, and all I did is walk towards him. The minute I reached him, I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me back.

"You're okay," I said to him.

"Yes, I need my Rainbow after the rain," he said as I hugged him even tighter.

Papa, Luke, and Cole came out of the kitchen. Papa walked over to nana and Mom. They watched us.

Mom looked at Papa as he looked at her. "Sometimes we need a Rainbow after the rain. I think Rain just found her rainbow," he said to Mom.

People may not understand, but Antonio was entering my world. A world is full of wonder and rainbows. It takes seven colors to create a rainbow. When you put those colors together, you get beauty in its sense, like me. I had my vision because of my world.

For every one that enters it, they see life through my eyes. It's crazy, it's mixed up, but it's a beautiful mess. A mess I wish more people saw the way I saw it, with love.