Chapter 15

Just as Patricks' words completely processed in my mind Don walked back into the room.

"Sorry it took me so long. It was buried."

"Nevermind that, hand it here." Don handed the decently sized box to Pat who opened it and pulled out three small packages of sanitary wipes ripping them open he took my arm and slowly dabbed and the freshly opened wounds.

"You're... You... Oh my... Why?" I mumbled not being able to form a sentence.

"Yo, whats she talking about?" Don asked, giving me weird looks, as my eyes slowly moved back and forth between them.

"She's in shock Don. She doesn't even know what she's saying." He said, cooly. I realized at that point that nothing he said in the last 10 seconds was up for discussion, unless I could get him alone again. But in that moment I had another slight jump of hope. A small candle flicker of light in a giant dark room. But at least I wasn't broken. Not completely. Not yet.

However, as that thought passed, the adrenaline began to fade, and I felt the stinging in my fingers and he finished cleaning my cuts, and pulling out a few pieces of glass with plastic freshly opened tweezers.

"Ow! That hurts!" I whined, becoming slightly more aware of time and less staring into space.

"Damn right. You can't just slam your tiny-ass self around like that. Not only will Jace not approve, but you won't live much longer." Don barked at me.

"Would you shut up? She's suicidal enough without you throwing death threats at her. Its bad enough Jace claimed her like an animal, we may follow his orders, but we don't have to be just like him." Patrick snapped back at him, his face set in a frown of frustration.

"Fine... " Don said, seemingly daunted by Pat snapping at him. However you could tell he was rethinking his prior statement. "Sorry, Darlah. I'm sure your just looking for an escape. But if you ever plan on getting out of here, you might want to keep yourself in one piece." He mumbled.

"I-I'm sorry..." I barely breathed out the words.

"Why on earth are you apologizing? If anything it should be Jace. Or us. we are the one's who are breaking your spirit. But you can't just give in so easily. I can see it in your eye's you still have some fight left in you. You just gotta hold on a little longer." Pat finished his lecture at the same time he finished bandaging my hands. "Alright, now. You'll need to change these at least once a day. And clean your cuts, with these."

He handed me four little packages of the same sanitary wipes he used to clean my wounds the first time through. "what are you man, a doctor?" Don asked.

"I've had my fair share of experiences with open wounds... and I watch television. duh?" Pat shrugged. He collected anything that could be salvaged, putting them back into the box, then threw the rest into a bin nearby.

"All set?" Don asked, seemingly in a rush to get going.

"You have somewhere to be?" I asked. I startled myself, realizing just how quiet I've been.

"As a matter a fact I do. I ordered pizza, and I don't want it to be cold by the time I get to it."

"Oh brother... Go. Go to your pizza. I'll finish up here." Pat rolled his eye's and shook his head as Don thanked him and left, hightailing it down stairs. "Thank you, for keeping my secret. It's been two years since I've been tracking these gangs. Only way is to be a part of them."

"So you can get me out of here? How soon? How? We should go tonight! And we can tell them! About all the things they've been doing how all of it-"