Chapter 10

"Guys get out here! We got company! It's Jace!" Peirce called out. He threw me behind him so hard I fell backwards and tumbled into the wall. That was gonna leave a bruise.
"Hey, Peirce. Don't be throwing around my girl." Jace spat.
Never had I thought I'd be so happy to see him. At least now I was going to delay my punishment.
"I will do what I please. This is my turf, and you have no business here." Peirce shot back.
"Actually, as a matter of fact, I do." Jace looked at me, glaring. "Darla is mine. I spent weeks stalking her and learning her every move. Then you and your gang show up and ruin everything. Well I've been doing some recruiting. Now the numbers are in my favor. Give up the girl, and no one gets hurt." By now he's looking back at Peirce, a challenging look written on his face.
"And if I don't?" Peirce also challenged. Jace pulled out his gun and gave a signal. Four more men came in the room.
"We shoot your men, and tear this wreck apart. Then leave you. With nothing. And we will still take the girl." At the sound of this Peirce's challenging expression falters. All I could do was watch. The suspension so thick you could cut it with a knife and fork, take a bite, and expect it to come out the other end in a couple of hours. I scooted up against the wall and hugged my legs, my knees against my chest. I just wanted this to last forever. No one was bothering me, and I wasn't in trouble. Plus I wasn't the one pissing Peirce OR Jace off. I just wanted them to battle to the death, that is till they both died. Then I could escape and all this could be over. I just wanted to go back home and complete that report that was due several weeks ago. I guess I will have to be taking that class again if I ever do get out of here. I didn't even get through half of that course. I hate this life.
Suddenly a loud bang shook me from my thoughts. Apparently Jace had shot up into the ceiling.
"Make up your mind you got 60 seconds." Jace said then motioned for two of his men to stand guard, while he made himself more at home.
Peirce looked longingly at me. Then at his surrounding men. He couldn't seem to believe that it was now in his best interest to just give up. "Darla..." Peirce began.
I waited for instruction. But they never came. Peirce turned around brought the barrel of his gun to under his chin so it was pointing up. His last words were: "I make my own decisions, I will not be a disappointment to my reputation." Then he shot himself. Just like that. He was gone.
"No..." I breathed in shock. It's not like I didn't want him dead, but I had never seen someone die in front of me. Let alone kill themseves.
"Darla... im sorry you had to see that," cooed a voice beside me. I hadnt noticed anything around me except Peirce's cold dead eyes staring into the ceiling. And the blood. There was so much blood. "Come with me, it's ok. You're safe now." I dont know why, but that voice brought comfort. Not knowing what else to do I closed my eyes and began to cry, they grabbed my arms and wrapped them around their broad shoulders, lifting my tiny frame with ease. It was probably even more tiny due to stress and lack of nutritional food. I buried my face into their warm chest and continued to cry. Eventually crying myself into a dreamless sleep.
________________________________

I woke, still cuddled into the anonymous man's warm, slowly heaving chest. I debated getting up to see who it was, but i had a pretty good guess. Jace. I didn't move for various reasons. I didn't want to get into trouble. I was actually relaxed. I was also still in slight shock and wasn't sure if i could support my own weight. Even if I was tiny.
Instead I snuggled closer, cuddling into the crook of his neck. I was going to try to go back to sleep when I noticed his breathing patterns changed; he was waking up. I did my best not to tense, becoming over whelmed with nervousness. A shiver ran down my spine, and Jace did something unexpected. He covered me with more of the blanket, and began gently rubbing my back. When my breathing was smooth again, he must've assumed I went back to sleep because he began speaking to himself.
"Oh Darla. What has he done to you? I hope he didn't abuse you too much. I know I've hurt you, but I just wanted you to obey. I cant believe he left bruises. On my Darla. I'm glad he's dead." He whispered to himself. "I promise I'll take care of you now. I wont hurt you... or let anyone else for that matter. I need you." And with that he slowly slid out from under me and out the door. I was too exhausted to try and figure out what he meant. So I let myself fall back to sleep. Trying not to worry about what lays ahead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N) hey... i know this update is suckish and this story isn't as popular as my other stories, but i really think it's getting good, and I have big plans for this story. So please comment and vote. If there is something you want me to add, then let me know please. I would love for this story to continue being popular. Ill give a shout-out to the first vote in my next chapter. And to anyone who comments. So pleeeeeaaassse..... VOTE! Thanks lovley readers!