Chapter 4

These men weren't as rough as the former, but I wasn't taking any chances. I didn't move a muscle unless they told me to, I didn't speak a word, and even if all of their backs were turned, I stayed put. I didn't want to get beaten, or emotionally bruised, or physically harmed, or sexually abused, or even killed.
We were in a van moving fast, most likely down a highway. I couldn't tell, because the two that had grabbed me had thrown me into the back. 
We've stopped a couple times in the past week. I'm sure it's at least been several days. So. I had curled myself into a ball, my knees to my chest. My back was pressed against the side wall, my arms wrapped around my calves unless I became unsteady for a moment. Then they held me up.
I had to go to the bathroom, and I was super hungry as I hadn't eaten in days, and the last time we stopped was at a gas station yesterday.
Just then we began to take very precise turns, stopping and going then turning again. I was praying that we were close to our destination, cause my butt was killing me. After a few minutes we slowly pulled into a bumpy road, made a few turns and stopped. I heard the engine turn off. Then doors slam. I waited for the back doors to open, and kept my gaze to the ground. When they opened I waited for my Que.
"Lets go," the younger boy said, holding the door open. He looked sad for me almost. I nodded and, clambered out of the van, my legs were sore from not using them in awhile. I stumbled towards him, following him around the truck.
"Hey pops!" The leader said, I hadn't caught his name during the shooting.
"Son," 'pops' spoke gruffly, nodding, "who's your new recruit?"
He chuckled, "Well, this is Darla. She's my new pet. I took her from Jace's helpless group."
"Why the hell isn't she in her restraints then? I thought I taught you better than that Pierce." He began stalking towards me. I took a small step back, but was too frozen with fear to do anything.
"Pops! Just a minute. You did teach me well. And I don't know how you couldn't tell, but she's already broken. Watch."
His dad had stopped walking towards me, and waited for Pierce to demonstrate.
"Darla, come." He ordered. I took a deep breath, and walked toward him. Please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me I pleaded in my head. "Eyes up." I forced my head to rise, and looked him in the eyes. I was scared. He knew. "Relax. Now, pops, give her an order."
"Ok, come here and give me a turn." I looked back at Pierce, not sure if I should.
"Go ahead." Pierce nodded.
I walked over, a few feet away from the old man. I slowly turned, showing myself off.
"Wow, I'm impressed. Has she ever tried to run off?"
"Nope. She doesn't do anything without our order, doesn't speak out of turn. And the longest it's taken her to obey an order is seven seconds."
"She must be broken, either that or she's still scared. That phase can change ya know. Darla, look at me." I looked at him. Attempting to avoid eye contact, I stared at his nose. "Look me in the eyes." I gulped but did as he said. His eyes were soulless, I almost looked away, but for fear of being slapped I held my gaze.
"She ain't broken yet."
"I beg your pardon?"
Pops took his eyes off me and glared at his son, "SHE AIN'T BROKEN YET! Is that clear enough for you?"
"No! She is broken. What makes you think she's just scared?"
"When she looked in my eyes, she didn't look away. She still has strength. She's only doing what's needed to survive."
"Damn it dad! Nothing's good enough for you is it?!? I am your son and you've never given me a good job son, or I'm proud of you. NEVER! What the hell is wrong with what I'm doing. She obeys everything."
"Because she will still run off. Once she thinks you aren't scary, the obedience will stop. You should keep your image up, you-" smack he hit his father, just then they began fighting, I jumped back out of the way as they started in a complete brawl. I ran and hid behind the van so I didn't have to watch. I curled back into my ball and began to cry while rocking back and forth. After awhile I heard the other two boys break up the fight.
"WHERE IS SHE?" Pierce yelled at the boys. I heard him begin to stomp over to me. The moment he saw me he began to beat me, I continued to cry, and scream, I held my hands and arms up to try to defend my self. "MOVE YOUR ARMS!" I shook my head, vigorously. "MOVE EM!"
"NO! I'm not gonna take your father's beating." I said, deciding that I was done being pushed around. I held my glare and stared him right in the eyes. He picked me up by my shirt, and slammed me against the back of the van. That was it. The moment I hit my head, it was lights out. Next time I saw his face, I was gonna start a fight of my own.

(A/N) sorry I've kind of neglected this story. Could I get some comments? First two comments get a shout out next chapter, but you have to hurry because I'm already working on it! ;)