Chapter 11

For the fifth time I reluctantly woke up. I really didn't want to face reality right now. But I knew I had to. I have to admit, I was kinda hungry. I slipped my legs out from underneath the blankets and looked down at my body. I was still wearing the same clothes Peirce had put me in. Peirce. I still couldn't believe he shot himself just to keep his reputation.

I stood up and made my way to the door. It actually opened. I went across the hall, and into the bathroom. I locked it and took care of my business. I ran my hands through my hair, adjusting it in the mirror so I at least looked somewhat presentable. After I finished, I opened the door and turned down the hall to find my way to the kitchen. When I rounded the corner I ran into someone I thought I'd never see again. Patrick.

"Darla!" He exclaimed and wrapped his arms around me. After a hug he held me at arms length. I stared back at him, dead eyes and a beaten soul.

"P-Patrick?" I managed.

"You remembered." He grinned, happily.

"Well, you were the only one here that showed any kind of compassion, so." I spoke softly, averting my gaze to the ground.

"HEY JOHN, PAT, DON GET IN HERE, NOW!" I heard Jace yell from down the hall.

"I gotta go, I suggest you stay in your room."

As he hurried off I went back to my room and sat on the bed. Who was John? He must be Jimmy's replacement. I shuddered at the mere remembrance of him. I'm just glad I'm lucky enough to still have my v-card. Since I was bored, I decided to get up and stand by the door and see if I could hear anything.

"I'm sorry, I'll do better next time Boss." Don was saying.

"You better, cause I got a lot of loyal men lining up for your spot. just remember, you can be easily replaced." Jace spoke in an extra cocky tone.

"You know Jace, just cause our Gang is famous now, and we have a bunch of extra members and branches now, doesn't mean we don't still have the most experience." An unfamiliar voice croaked, he sounded older, but still young. Maybe later 20s?

"Shut-up John, just cause you're co-leader doesn't mean I ain't still yer Boss." Jace said, but sounding a little calmer now. someone must have approached the group cause then Jace spoke with strong authority in his voice, "Whatchu want, brother?"

"They've noticed the girl didn't run away, a civilian came forward. Said he saw you and Jimmy shove her in a van. They weren't close enough to make a good profile tho, but they got your license plate." The man sounded African-American, must've been the reason for the use of the word 'brother'.

"It's alright, I stole that van anyway. Lets go clean it and leave it in the park across town. Don't need them following our tracks. John go keep my girl company, no funny business. She's mine." He practically growled that last part. "Pat, you said she was awake right?"

"Yeah, boss. She was out in the halls looking lost, I sent her back to her room." Patrick replied, quickly.

"DARLA! COME DOWN HERE, I HAVE SOME ORDERS FOR YOU!" Jace yelled from down stairs. I began to tremble. I gulped and slowly opened the door, making my way down the stairs, that were right around the corner from where Patrick and I first bumped into each other...

"Yes, erm... Boss?" I said, not sure what to say, I stared at my feet.

"Call me Jace, sweetheart." He chuckled, the guys, muffled their laughter after a glare from Jace and who I presumed to be John.

"ok." Came my weak reply. The last thing Jace had done to me was smack me up side the head when I spoke out of turn.

"Us guys are going out, John will be here to keep you company. Don't give him any trouble, he has been given permission to use violence if that's what it comes to." Jace said non-chalantly.

"Yes sir.. er, Jace." I sounded so quiet... was this really what I've become? I heard the guys leave, and I saw one pair of shoes remain. I didn't dare look up. Suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder, shaking me from my fear, slightly I looked up. It was the guy I presumed to be John earlier. I guess I was right.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you. You must be Darla?" He asked, gingerly. I nodded, too shy to speak. "I'm John. It's nice to finally put a face to the name, Jace never shuts up about you." funny, I've never heard a word about you, I thought. "Come on, lets watch some television, shall we? I'll let you pick the channel?" I gave a grim smile, and bit my lip, following him over to the couch.

He handed me the remote, and I stared at it. It was Direct tv... I was used to cable, so I didn't understand all the remotes. Yes, I have Netflix threw my wii game system. But I rarely watch television. I spend too much time on school work, well... spent.

After staring at it for awhile, I decided I didn't want to watch anything. I just dropped the remote and curled myself into a ball. I didn't want to face reality. I hadn't noticed, but I had began to cry. Immediately there was another body next to mine, their arms wrapped around me, then lifting me. They carried me into a new room. It had pictures of models and truck posters all over the walls. This must be Johns bedroom. John set me on the full sized mattress.

"Sshhhh, sweetheart, com'ere." He said. He pulled me into his chest, petting my head. This just made me feel 10 times more uncomfortable. Didn't Jace tell him no funny business? I don't think he'd like it if he knew John was doing this... I push away from him.

"Please... stop. I-I want to be left alone." I whimpered.

"You don't want that Darla... you want comfort. I know it." He began to make his way from petting my head to rubbing my back. He pulled me close so forcefully that no matter how much I struggled I couldn't get out of his grip. Eventually I stopped struggling and just let him pet me. Soon he fell asleep. Then I got out of his grip and made my way to a closet. I shut the door and curled up in the corner, Allowing myself to cry and eventually fall asleep.

(A/N) Thanks for those who are sticking with me threw this story I know it is kinda slow. I appreciate it. thanks lovely readers. Please comment on how I can continue better.