Road Kill

After finding out Stiles was okay, both girls no longer had a mystery to solve. "How are you holding up," Stiles asked Lydia as Winnie saw her texts from Skyler. "They won't let me see him," Lydia said, "I'm supposed to give him something. He kept asking for it back." Winnie was reading through everything that came in from Scott, Sky and Isaac as Lydia spoke with Stiles. "Why do you have women's jewelry," Lydia asked knowing Winnie was too engulfed in her phone to hear the outside world. She recognized the focused face after many times of talking to the brick wall she became with it on. Stiles looked to Winnie nervously and back to Lydia lying, "It's one of the things I was debating on giving you as a birthday gift." "Mmhmm," Lydia said knowingly. "Uhhh, hey Lyds," Winnie muttered. Both turned to look at her. "There's a chance he may not be so dead," Winnie said. "What," Lydia and Stiles both asked. "You're going to want to read this," Winnie said handing them her phone.

Scott and Isaac showed up. "What's happening to him," Scott asked. "I thought you were going to tell me," Melissa replied. "It's almost like a metamorphosis," Skyler explained. "How do you know that," Isaac asked. "I read the bestiary," Skyler replied. "We didn't get that part translated," Scott replied, "Gerard still has it." "The dragon translated the latin," Isaac realized. "What," Skyler asked. "Oh," Scott said as if having discussed the topic before. "What else do you remember reading," Isaac asked. "It has another form, the kanima, whence the strengthened bond is formed, it transforms into a more ferocious form," Skyler recited not recalling when she first retained the information being she only glanced at the pages.

Jackson's head twitched and Skyler jumped with the rest of them. She started to zip the bag and started to panic as Jackson started to gnash his teeth at the air when the zipper got stuck. "CLOSE IT," the others pressed. "I'm trying," Skyler replied. and finally got it closed. "Anyone else see the metal shark teeth," Isaac asked. "Trust me, definitely noticed," Melissa replied. Scott picked up a call from Derek, and Skyler looked to Isaac wide eyed as the bag started to move. "Uhhh Scott," Skyler said. "We need to get him out of here," Scott said. "What the fuck do you mean get him out of here," Skyler asked. "Derek said he's going to meet us but we need to get him away from people," Scott said. They started to carry the body bag out.

Isaac and Skyler followed Scott's directions as they snuck out the body bag. They made it to the parking lot when Scott dropped his end. "Pick it up! Pick it up," Skyler hissed and watched a car roll in. The door opened and she started, "We can explain." She froze seeing Chris Argent. "You're alone," Scott observed. "More than you know," Chris replied. Sky glanced to Isaac confused as Scott asked, "What do you want?" "We don't have much in common Scott, but at the moment we have a common enemy," Chris explained. "That's why we're trying to get him out of here, Skyler spoke up. "I didn't mean Jackson," Chris said.

"How much do you know about this stuff," Stiles asked. "I kind of filled her in," Winnie replied. "I'm going," Winnie said impatiently. "Winnie wait," Lydia said. "We don't have time to wait. Our friends are in danger," Winnie argued. "We need to think of what we're going to do when we get there, or we could die," Lydia argued. "I don't care. I'm tired of being afraid . My friends are in danger, I need to do something," Winnie strained. "You may not care about getting killed, but do you know how we'll feel? We'd be devastated, because if you die I will literally go out of my freaking mind. That wipes out both strategists, because death doesn't happen to you, It happens to everyone around you okay? To all the people left standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how their going to live their lives without you in it," Stiles started. He snapped talking about how his face wasn't meant to hurt him. Lydia grabbed his arm as Winnie took a step back. He realized he just lashed out on her. "I'm still going," Winnie choked out, "Whether you come with me or not is up to you." She walked out and Lydia followed close behind leaving Stiles in his room alone.