Start of the Season

The girls geared up and walked out to the field. Winnie waved to Danny and Isaac in the bleachers before getting yelled at by Coach Finch. They went over the plays and she noticed something off about her friend. Winnie walked over to the goal and tried to keep an eye on the number 5 that told her the location of Sky. Skyler on the other hand was hyper focused on the game to distract her from the argument she had with the ex captain who's place she took. What Skyler wasn't doing was controlling her anger. Winnie's eyes grew wide as she saw fog start to form around he friend from the heat. "Oh no. Oh no no no," Winnie muttered. Skyler was playing the best she ever has, but Winnie knew if she kept losing control like this someone would get hurt.

The next huddle up Winnie grabbed her friend's helmet and retracted her hand flinching by the heat. "You need to calm down," Winnie pressed. "I'm fine," Skyler seethed. "You're literally steaming," Winnie whisper shouted. "Wizinski! Garcia! In the huddle," Finch shouted. Winnie groaned and joined to hear the play. They set back up and Winnie watched helplessly. She saw a figure in the distance and recognized it as Derek Hale. Stiles had screen shot the video chat with Scott that had him in the back ground the other day. Oh this just gets worse and worse. "You're going to shift on the field if you don't calm down," Skyler heard Derek's voice. "I'm fine," she muttered. "No. You aren't. If you shift in front of everyone, that doesn't only out you," Derek argued. Skyler thought of Scott and how unfair that would be to him. She sighed out and released some of the anger in her chest.

They still won the game but she was no longer one beat per minute away from combusting. Winnie rushed her to the locker room and asked. "How the hell did you calm yourself down? Stiles has been trying to work with Scott on controlling it all week," Winnie asked. "I just took a step back and started to deconstruct the feeling analytically," Sky explained "Oh I love you, you sociopath," Winnie exclaimed hugging her. "I'd murder you if you tried to kill me. I'm not as resourceful under pressure as Stiles," she said. Sky just nodded a bit concerned. They got changed and stayed for the talk down before rushing out to meet Danny and Isaac. "There's a nine o'clock curfew," Isaac stated. Winnie groaned. "We have only an hour and half to celebrate," Winnie whined. "You are the reason I drink," Skyler said. "I'm honored," Winnie said not missing a beat. The four went out to eat and Skyler got a text. She showed Winnie. Scott and Stiles needed their help. After dinner the girls grabbed shovels from Sky's garage and went to meet the other two boys in their life.

"This is a bad idea," Skyler said. "Probably one of their worst," Winnie stated. "Why are we going again," Skyler asked. "So they don't get us all killed," Winnie explained. "I feel like the dumb white chick in a horror movie," Skyler added. "Is this what it's like to deal with me all the time," Winnie asked. "Yeah," Skyler answered. As they approached the bickering Scott and Stiles Winnie pointed, "You know there is a curfew right now?" "My dad's the sheriff we'll be fine," Stiles said. "If there is a body here, isn't this technically contaminating a crime scene," Skyler asked. "Are you going to help or not," Stiles asked. "Well yeah, I'd just rather not go to jail," Winnie replied as they started digging. "How did your game go," Scott asked. "We creamed 'em 38 to nothing," Skyler answered. They dug for an hour before Scott hit something. "Stop, stop stop stop," Stiles urged. All four got to their hands and knees to start brushing the dirt off. They untied the knots as Scott and Stiles bickered. Winnie pulled out her camping knife and cut the rope getting annoyed. "Or we could do that," Stiles remarked. They opened it and saw the corpse of a wolf. All four jumped back screaming. "Woah! Sky. Sky relax," Winnie said seeing her friend's eyes turn into a golden reptile's.

The boys screamed seeing Skyler. "What the hell is that," Stiles asked pointing to her eyes. "The hell is that," Skyler strained as she fought to regain control. "It's a wolf," Scott said. "I thought we were looking for a human body," Winnie stressed. "I did too," Stiles replied. "I told you something was different," Scott said. "It's a different species," Winnie snapped. "I see that," Scott replied. "How does it have the same scent as the lower half of the body," Stiles asked. "Maybe it ate her," Winnie remarked. "I hate you," Stiles replied. "That's tough," Winnie replied. "We have to get out of here," Skyler spoke up. "Yeah we can figure it out later," Scott stressed. They started trying to cover it up and Stiles froze. Winnie looked up to him confused. "What's wrong," Scott asked. Sky looked up as well.