Lycanthropy

{A.N.- Hey I started this series to try out the writing style feel free to comment whatever. I love seeing your reactions and feed back and I hope you guys enjoy!!!!}

"Sky! Skyyllleeeerrrr. Sky for fuck's sake," urged the impatient teenager. "What," Skyler groaned in reply. "We need to do the jo-," her friend started. "No," Sky cut off. "Whu- but you didn't even let me finish," the exasperated girl argued. "We have school tomorrow. I need sleep. Girl's lacrosse is also tomorrow. On the practice field," Skyler pressed. "You'll make first line no problem. I need to work on running," the girl begged. Sky sighed and nodded, "Fine the mile jog aaannd then straight back home," Sky pressed. "Yes," the other exclaimed. "Winnie, I will kill you if I don't get to sleep before 11," Sky pressed. "That's fair," Winnie replied.

The jog had been simple enough until they reached the stretch near the old Hale house. "People say it's haunted," Winnie said. "People also say the earth is flat," Skyler argued. Winnie went to argue when she tripped and stumbled. Sky stopped and turned her flashlight on to check on her friend. Her heart stopped as she saw the severed half of a body. The girls screamed unwillingly as a roar erupted. The ran to the road without a second of hesitation. Something tackled Skyler and she screamed out again. Winnie turned and grabbed a branch hitting the large creature with it before grabbing her friend and scrambling to the main road. A car honked speeding past as Winnie pulled out her phone dialing the police. Both girl's sat there waiting for the officers before giving their statements. Neither were able to a speak a word to each other and chose to omit the canine like creature that attacked Skyler, unsure if it really was what they thought they saw. A deputy drove them to Skyler's since Winnie's parents were out for the weekend.

"I hate your plans," Skyler said to break the silence. "I also hate my plans," Winnie added. "Was there really a big wolf man or is that the shock," Sky asked. "I- I don't know to be perfectly honest," Winnie replied. She had no idea how to process what she had seen tonight. She had seen plenty of weird shit, but a real life wolf man? Skyler had been finally inspecting her wounds from the creature. It didn't seem terrible, but it definitely wasn't good. She knew it would hurt more the next morning and prayed she'd be able to try out through the pain. She really wanted to make first line this year. She was good enough to do it last year, but there were no spots left for underclassmen. They both decided to recede to Sky's room instead of discuss the strange event any further.

The next morning they had finally gotten out of their funk as they walked into school. "Hey," a familiar mop of curls spoke. "Hey Isaac," Sky said warmly. "I still haven't finished the questions for chemistry," Winnie spoke up. "I'll trade you chem questions for english," Isaac offered. "Deal," Winnie said excited. She had to keep her grades up to beat her brother in the bet. She knew she could get better grades than him if she actually applied herself. A tall brunet boy brushed past Sky knocking into her. "Watch where you're going dickwad," Sky interjected and looked up to see Jackson Whittemore. He rolled his eyes at her and kept walking. "Tell me again why Danny is friends with him," Sky asked. "Because he wants to get in his pants," Winnie said as if it was obvious. After trading homework with Isaac the trio walked into english sitting in the back corner as always. The english teacher started in about how the body was found the night prior.  The two girls exchanged a glance wishing it hadn't been real. Isaac had his head down in his notebook before he could catch their reactions. The girls just looked back to their textbooks choosing to ignore the reality that would change their high school careers.

All heads in the class shot up as a girl was escorted in. Dimples formed in her cheeks as she smiled awkwardly. "Class this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome," the teacher said. Winnie leaned back towards Isaac to whisper, "How the hell does a person that hot exist?" "The same way a person as lame as yourself does," he countered. "Ow," Winnie replied placing her hand over her heart. "Ms. Wizinski," the teacher said to call out the distracted girl. "Sorry," Winnie apologized not wanting to draw attention to herself. Sky started to feel warm. The bell rang and they all rushed out. The trio split up as Isaac left for his locker and the girls just proceeded to the cafe. Skyler felt increasingly more uncomfortable as the heat intensified. She still hadn't broken into a sweat and was starting to question if she was breaking into a cold.