Testing

Derek asked about the mechanic's garage. Stiles made a joke and Derek popped the basketball. "Holy god," Stiles said. "Let's try that again," Derek said. "Or what you'll kill us," she stalled. "What the hell are you doing," Stiles asked. "Do it," she said. Derek raised an eyebrow being he'd never seen this side of her. "DO IT," she snapped. Erica and Stiles looked at her confused and frightened. Derek stepped closer. "Stop," Stiles said as Winnie took a step closer. He grabbed her wrist. "You don't have it in you to kill us. You still need us," she said chuckling.

"Stop," Stiles blurted and told them what they saw just before Skyler ran in. "God dammit," Winnie and Skyler jinxed. He saw Skyler and put together that she was stalling. Erica's eyes grew wide. They turned and saw Skyler collapse staring at the kanima. Stiles grabbed Winnie's hand pulling her back as she tried to run to her friend. It jumped up and leapt down throwing Erica. Winnie rushed with Stiles and Derek's neck was sliced. He fell in the pool and Stiles dropped his phone. Winnie rushed to the other pool to get it away from Stiles. "Winnie," he shouted. "Get Derek," she shouted diving into the regular pool as Stiles dove into the diving pool. She looked over and saw them submerge. They couldn't see it but they heard it. Derek and Stiles started to bicker.

"Maybe I should make a dash for the phone," Winnie said. "What the hell is with this reckless bullshit all of a sudden," Stiles demanded. "I don't think it'll hurt me," Winnie explained. Stiles started spewing half words and random noises unable to form a sentence with the amount of worry and confusion running through his head. "You saw what happened at the mechanic garage. I have the best chance out of all of us," she explained. "I'm getting it. I'm closer," Stiles insisted. "I'm going to run for the phone you come across and get Derek at the same time," Stiles said. "Okay," she said. They counted to three and pulled themselves out of the water. Winnie's path was blocked. She ran and slid past it. She screamed and jumped into the water just barely missing the tail. She swam down and carried Derek up to the surface. "What the hell do you eat," she asked him.

Stiles ran back into the pool to help Winnie and the call didn't go through. They watched it stalk around after Stiles's pissed off voicemail. "I think it can't swim," Stiles said. They couldn't keep Derek up much longer. "The- the boards. They have handles we can use for support," Winnie pointed out the kanima flung his phone into the pool. "NNOOOOO," he shouted, "I can't wait to kill this thing." They swam across the diving pool and grabbed onto the handles wheezing, but slipped under unable to get a firm grasp. Skyler got up and Scott made it in. "Where the hell have you been," she asked healing. They pulled Derek, Stiles, and Winnie out of the pool. The three pulled out were coughing out water rolled onto their sides. "Be careful of the tail," Skyler said and formed the armor. It leapt towards them and Scott threw it into the mirror he grabbed a large shard of glass to use as a knife. The kanima froze looking at its reflection. It hissed and bolted. "What the fuuuuck," Winnie asked sitting up. Winnie walked to the locker room with Skyler to change as the boys checked the bestiary.

Winnie groaned feeling how sore her muscles were getting. Tomorrow was going to be a bitch. They joined them and Winnie was braiding her hair as they got outside. "It's called a Kanima," Derek said. "You knew THE WHOLE TIME," Winnie snapped. "No," Derek said, "Only when it was confused by it's own reflection." "It didn't know what it was," Scott said. "Nope. No. I'm done. Winnie out. I am off the clock. I'm too tired for this shit," she said walking to the jeep and climbing in back. They looked at her and she just looked at her phone as she got a text from an excited Jackson. He had lifted his truck and there were 2 hours of missing footage which confirmed her findings. He wanted to test his strength so she told him to text Danny to make sure he didn't get himself killed. Derek explained the Kanima and Scott proposed everyone work together. He asked Scott if he trusted them and Scott snapped that no one trusted each other and that was the problem. Stiles dropped the girls off.