New Beta

Isaac was being super distant and secretive. Skyler assumed it was from the black eye his father gave him. Harris handed out a pop quiz and Winnie whispered to Sky. "There's something he isn't telling us." "I know," Skyler said trying to focus. "I'm worried about him," Winnie added. Harris cleared his throat, "This is a pop quiz Mr. Stillinski and Ms. Wizinski. If I hear your voices again I might be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school careers." "Can you even do that," Stiles asked. Winnie leaned forwards and smacked him upside the back of his head, "Dude!" "And there they are again. Your voices. Triggering the only instinct I've had to strike a student, repeatedly and violently. I'll see you both at three for detention," Harris said. Stiles's jaw hung open. Please don't do it Winnie begged in her head. She cringed as he asked Scott who looked back. Winnie slammed her head down and looked up as Jackson ran out.

Winnie handed in her test and went to the bathroom. Just not the one Harris thought. She knocked on the door and walked. "What the hell are you doing here," Jackson asked. "I saw the black blood on your test," she replied. "You know what it is," Jackson asked. "Only because I saw Derek throw some up when he was poisoned by wolfsbane. "What does it mean," Jackson demanded. "I don't know, it was his body rejecting something. I came to ask if you got the bite," Winnie said. "So what if I did," he asked, "Why do you care?" "Why do- uh- Why do I care? Who do you think will be one of the jackasses left to babysit your little werewolf ass," she demanded. "You don't have to worry about it. Derek said this means my body is rejecting it," Jackson hissed.

"What," Winnie asked concerned. "What," Jackson asked confused by her response. "Jackson the Hale's said the bite either turns you or it kills you," Winnie stressed. "What," Jackson asked. "Am I going to die," he asked cornering her. He towered over her and blocked her exit. "I-I don't know! I'm only learning about a lot of this shit just now," she admitted. "You're going to help me find out what's happening to me," Jackson said. "Or what," Winnie asked standing up straighter. "Or I tell your little friends about what you did last year. Wonder how all of them would react to news of you being a murderer," Jackson threatened. "It was self defense! How do you even know about that," she demanded shoving her pointer finger into his chest. Jackson took her wrist and said, "His family's lawyer is the one that gave me the Porsche."

Winnie sighed in defeat. She hung her head for a second and looked up at him, "If you weren't such an ass I would have been happy to help instead of you having to black mail me." "If you didn't hate me so much I wouldn't have to assume you'd leave me for dead in the first place," he said. "I reiterate be less of an asshole," she said. "I'm good," he replied, "You know I actually respect you Wizinski." He dropped her wrist stepping back. "Thanks," she asked. "You're not half bad," he said. "Wish I could say the same," she said sincerely and walked out.

The day dragged past and Winnie reported to detention. Stiles sat next to her and she was trying to think. After being reminded of what she had to do she couldn't focus. Harris stepped out. "Are you okay," Stiles asked. She nodded picking her lip. What would he and Scott think? Even Skyler was out of the loop on this one. She didn't notice her fingernails tapping on the desk top until she felt Stiles stop her. "Sorry," she apologized. "Winnie talk to me," he stressed. "I- I'm fine," she said fixing her low bun. "No you're not," he argued. "Stiles I did something," she whispered tying not to freak out. "What happened," he asked. "Please promise you won't tell anyone," she begged. "I promise," he said worried. "It happened last year," she said shakily, "I know Sky told you about the PTSD. During... the last incident. I-... I killed someone," she said.

He was just quiet. "I-I didn't mean to. I panicked," she explained. "I just tried to get him off of me. I didn't know I was so close to the edge. I pushed him," she recounted. Stiles didn't say anything. He pulled her into his chest. "Please don't hate me," she whimpered. "Hey," he defended holding her shoulders out a bit so he could see her face, "I might joke about it, but Winnie there is nothing, and I mean nothing you could do to make me hate you. How could you even consider that for a second?" "I-I don't know. I just- Jackson said-," she stammered. "What do you mean Jackson," he asked quickly. "His dad was the family's lawyer," she said ashamed to have let him get into her head. She looked to the floor and continued, "He said he'd tell you guys if I didn't help him, but I don't know if I can help him."