Writing- Fillie

You guys deserve a happy chapter for once. Enjoy ❤️

AU- every time you write on your body, it appears on your soulmates arm.

**

"So, if you could please flip to page 276 of your biology textbooks, we can begin the lesson." The teachers monotone voice drones on, as Finn flips to the page in a bored manner.

His eyes fall to his forearm, which is now growing ink upon it. He smiles slightly, watching as the words fade into his arm, and reads the message eagerly.

How's school going so far? It spells out, and he bites his lip, thinking back to what caused this relationship between him and his mystery soulmate.

Finn had heard of all the stories. If your soulmate wrote anywhere on them, it would appear on their soulmates arm, allowing them to read the message.

Now, it was happening to him. He reads the message that had strangely appeared on his arm. "Whoever you are, hi!" The message was simple and cheery, but brought a humongous grin to Finn's face.

He pulled a pen out of his desk, and raised it to his free arm, thinking of how to reply as the message begins to fade from his previously ink painted arm.

"Hello, love." He writes, adding a small smiling face next to his message. The message fades from his arm, and a message begins to fade onto his other arm.

"This is weird, but can I ask some questions to get to know you?" He smiles at the message, his mind beginning to trail to thinking about who his soulmate could possibly be.

"Sure." He writes back, and waits as the first question begins to form onto his arm.

"What's your name?" It reads, and he quickly writes back "Finn". He then adds, "What's yours?"

"Millie." It responds, and Finn whispers the name to himself. The name sounds like a long forgotten song upon his lips. It sounded so right... as if the word was his heart's biggest desire.

"Next question. How old are you?" It forms, snapping Finn back to his arm. "15, you?" He writes, and moments later a number appears on his arm. "14."

"Last one for now, I have to leave soon. What country do you live in?" He slowly reads it, taking in her handwriting. The letters have an extra curliness to them, almost cursive handwriting.

"I live in Canada. Where do you live?" He asks, hoping with all his might that she too lived in Canada. The stories he heard always consisted of their soulmate living not far from them, or even sometimes going to the same school as them.

"Oh... I live in England. Damn." He frowns at the words, his hopes dropping. The chances he had of meeting her were very unlikely.

"Well, I have to go. It was nice talking to you, if you can call it that haha. But I hope we get to meet each other someday."

The words left hope in his heart. He wanted to meet Millie, but he was sure life would take him there soon.

Everyday after that, Finn and Millie would talk to each other through their messages as often as possible. The time zones were different, so it was hard sometimes, but they figured out a way to communicate.

He lifts his pen up to his arm, removing it from its previous position of note-taking. "Boring, how was your day?" He writes, knowing that they were 5 hours apart in time.

"Meh. Could have been better, could have been worse." He smiles at her words, peeking quickly up to see if his teacher was watching. The teachers back was faced to the class as he wrote on the large whiteboard.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks, desperately looking for an excuse to not bore himself with the biology work. He didn't just need an excuse though, he genuinely enjoyed talking to her.

She was the only person who listened to him, and talked to him. They had never met, but their bond was deeper than any other bond he had with people he talked to daily.

"I mean... I lost a close friend today... she left me to hang out with better people, so that sucked."

Who the hell would leave her? "I'm sorry, but you are an amazing friend. She doesn't deserve you." He writes.

"Thanks. You know, I'd really like to meet you someday, you seem like such an awesome person." Her written words bring a goofy grin to his face, and he has to bite on his lip to refrain from the teacher calling him out.

"Me too. Is England fun to live in?"

"Yeah, but it would be more fun with you." He coughs loudly, nearly dropping his pen as his cheeks flare up. His classmates look at him in confusion, and he just offers a small smile, lowering his gaze to the floor.

"Wow..." He writes, feeling the classmates' gaze shift away from him.

"What?"

"That was so smooth..."

"Good ;)"

"I'm so glad you're my soulmate. I really want to meet you." He writes, the words spilling from his heart.

"Me too. You know what, hang on!"

The words fade, and don't return for a few moments. Finn stares down at the textbook page, the words merging together to create a huge blob of black lettering.
***

The bell rings, and Finn hops up from his desk, quickly collecting his items and stuffing them in his backpack. He zips it quickly, and rushes out of the door to 5th period.

His stomach was bubbling with worry and loneliness. Millie hadn't written back to him for the rest of 4th period, and still hadn't replied.

He rushes into the choir room; his favorite class. He places his backpack onto the ground, and discreetly stuffs his pen into his hoodie pocket. He rushes to the risers, and stands in his positions; ready to begin singing.

"Take our your music, and please begin studying lines 17-26. Part 2 begins." The choir teacher instructs, and gestures to Finn.

"Finn, you're on guitar." Finn nods eagerly, and jumps up, sitting down on the chair, and picking up the guitar.

He loved playing guitar, it was his biggest passion. But as he glanced towards his wrist, his heart deflated a bit. She still hadn't replied.

"3,2,1... go!" The Choir teacher instructs, and Finn turns his gaze back to the guitar.
***

Not until Finn got back home from his long day at school did Finn receive a message from Millie. "I've got big news." It reads, and he raises an eyebrow curiously. He takes out his thin black pen, and begins to write.

"What's up, you kind of disappeared on me."

"Yeah, sorry about that. But I got tickets to go to Vancouver next week!" Her clear excitement is reflected in her writing.

"No way!" He writes, his jaw dropping.

"Yes way! I'm so excited!"

"Me too! What day?" He writes, his hand writing quickly.

"The 24th!"

"I can't wait to meet you, I love you!" He writes, and freezes as his message fades.

Shit.

"I love you too."
***

This sucks.

Word count: 1167