Three~ Boo!

*Song= Train Tracks by Izzy Stradlin & The Ju Ju Hounds *

I woke to the sound of beeping horns and a blinding light. My head almost immediately started pounding as I wondered where the hell I was, and then I remembered where I was and what I was doing in LA. I also decided to find a quieter street to park.

As I drove I wondered where Slash and Steven were but shook the thought because they did this every night and had a feeling they couldn't have gotten into trouble. I found a street that was mostly shaded by trees and seemed quiet enough, then proceeded to try and sleep off my hangover.

*bang bang bang bang bang bang bang* I woke to the sound of repetitive knocks against a window, before realising they were knocking on my car window.

"What the fuck do you want? Can't you see I'm sleeping?" I growled at the unknown man. He was one of the tallest people I think I've ever seen. His blonde dyed hair was stuck out all over the place with a cigarette stuck out his mouth. He was wearing a loose, black Aerosmith top, along with black denim jeans, black cowboy boots and black leather gloves.

"Woah woah woah, look I just thought I'd tell you they're fining and kicking people off for parking on this street. Just thought I'd save you a bit o' money, that's all." I could tell from his accent he wasn't around here.

"Oh... thanks then..." our eyes met although his hair was particularly covering them, not as much as Slash's were covering his though. "Hey do you want a ride some place? You don't look like you're from this street and you helped me so I thought I'd help you back."

"Uhh yeah alright." I got out and repositioned myself in the front seat as the giraffe walked around to the passenger seat. "I'm guessing you're new in town? I ain't seen you before."

"Uhh yeah got here yesterday." I mumbled... "where do you wanna go? You may need to help me because I don't know my way around."

"Aha yeah don't worry I'll tell you the directions as you drive. So what's your name, where you from and what brings you here?"

"Becky, Indiana and I'm looking for 2 people. What's your name and where are you from?"

"Duff, Duff McKagan mam, born and raised in Seattle." He nodded at me. "Take a left."

"Duff? A bit odd I'm not gonna lie."

"You're not the first person to say that. It's an Irish nickname my family gave me."

"So you're part Irish?"

"Yepp" Duff popped the 'p'.

"What's your birth name then?"

"Micheal Andrew McKagan, now tell me yours."

"Rebecca Elizabeth Tisdale."

"So, Bec, who you lookin' for?"

"Izzy Stradlin and Axl Rose."

"Huh, recognise those names- pretty sure one lives on my street and the other sings... unless I have the wrong people. I'm assuming the reason you're sleeping rough is because you're hoping you can stay with one of them once they're found?"

"Uhhh yeah..." I awkwardly scratched the back of my head.

"Well, I don't want you to take this the wrong way but if you don't find them today you're welcome to sleep at mine. I have space. I just don't want you sleeping rough, you don't deserve that and my apartment is a shit hole but that's all my money can get for the time being, but it's still better than nothing."

"That's real nice of you Duffy." I turned and smiled at him, by now we had pulled up outside of where he said his apartment was.

"Yeah you can come in now if you'd like." We got out the car and proceeded up the stairs to his apartment. "If you do stay the night I don't want you to think I'm going to murder you or anything... so if it makes you more comfortable I can go out until morning.. there's nothing in there that's worth stealing so I don't mind."

"It's alright. Honestly you've just met me and you're acting like an' old friend."

"Yeah well I got a good feeling about you as a person and I'd like to get you to know you."

"That's very kind of you, for a giraffe."

"Huh? Giraffe?"

"Yeah... Duff the Friendly Giraffe " (*an* credit to @Slaxl_is_life, I believe) Duff let out a loud laugh and looked at me with gleaming eyes.

"Now imma have to come up with a better nickname then 'Bec' for you" he pouted in a playful manner. He unlocked the door to his apartment and stepped in, I followed close behind. We had stepped into the kitchen. Directly opposite to the kitchen was the front room and in the far right corner of the couch was a double bed, not quite pressed up to the wall on one side. I could see a door which I just assumed was a bathroom. The place was filled with pizza boxes that were covered in - I assume- Duff's handwriting and beer bottles. "Home sweet home..." Duff started. " I shoulda cleaned, I haven't been here in a while to be honest with ya, just to write, shower, get changed then go. I washed the bed sheets 3 days ago and haven't slept in them yet so that's good for you.."

"I don't mind that you didn't clean, you didn't know you were having guests.  But, do you mind if I clean?"

"No not at all but lemme help you, otherwise it wouldn't be fair."

"Alrighty, can I throw the pizza boxes out?"

"Umm no, I need what's written on them."

"Great."

"Sorry.."

"No, no it's ok. Tell you what, I'll go out and buy some pens and paper for you to write on and you can begin cleaning."

"I don't really have money..." Duff scratched the back of his head. "... or food now I think about it.

"It's alright I've got some, I'll go out food shopping and stationary shopping."

"Alright, 2 blocks down there's a dollar store, you can buy everything in there. It's not hard to find."

"Ok, I'll be back in a bit, bye!"

"Byeeee!" Duff shouted back as I slipped out the door. I walked down the stairs, jumping a few, and made my way to the shops.