Chapter 16: Softer side

Start from the beginning

I enter the bungalow and head straight to the bed and carefully place my wife down on the soft mattress ensuring she was comfortable. Even though it was 33c I didn't want to risk her being cold so I put a thin blanket over her body and pulled out my phone.

I want to make this honeymoon as nice as I can for her.

Typing in a number I placed the phone to my ear.
" I want you to organise a romantic dinner by the ocean and have our meals on the table for 6:30pm. And then whilst we are having dinner I want you to decorate our bedroom with roses and bring the finest champagne, understood?".

Yes boss, understood.

Switching off my phone I slip it back into my pocket. Looking back at my wife I walk up to her a softly stroke her cheek. I don't know how long she will be asleep for, but I want dinner to be ready for her.

Opening up our suitcases, I begin to empty them and organise our clothes hanging them up in the wardrobes. 2 hours go by and I've managed to put away everything. Looking down at my watch I read that it's 5:30pm and I rush off into the walk in wardrobe and begin to get ready for our first meal as husband and wife. I dress myself up in a black suit with a red tie and go to my wife's side and pick out a tight off the shoulder red dress and black heels. Envisioning my wife in the dress I look down and grumble to myself to see my growing boner. Walking over to the desk I pull out a pen write a small note for my wife telling her of our evening plans.

Walking back to my wife sleeping soundlessly on the bed, I carefully lay the dress down on the bed side her and place the jewellery and heels next to them. I place the note on top of the dress and head out to the beach to see if preparations were underway.

It looked perfect. I was stood gazing out at the beautiful ocean, the sunset making it 10 times more perfect. Part of me wanted to wake my wife up so she would be able to see the sunset. It's too beautiful to miss. And as if she'd heard my thoughts I heard a pair of heels sounding getting louder and louder.

I turned around and saw my beautiful wife dressed in the red dress I picked out for her. She looked exquisite, flawless and she's all mine. She edged slowly towards me and stopped a few feet in front of me gazing at the floor.

"Beautiful" I whispered very quietly and she looked up startled but immediately looked down hoping I wouldn't see her growing blush. She's so cute.

Sitting her down, we began tucking into our meals and I smiled at my princess who I could tell was thoroughly enjoying her meal.

"How is your meal darling"? I asked hoping she would answer and not give me the cold shoulder.

"It's great, how's yours?" She asked pleasantly.

I sputtered on my food not expecting her to ask me how mine was.

"It's wonderful. Everything about this place is wonderful, especially with my new wife". I look at her and smile expressing my content and happiness, but her face instantaneously drops and I realise what she's thinking.

The mood changed and there was tension in the air.

I wanted to hurry the meal over and have desert.

And have the other kind of dessert.

I snap my fingers and our food is immediately taken and replaced with pudding. We both sat in a tense silence, neither one of us choosing to say a word and letting the sounds around us fill the atmosphere.

Minutes passed and I had finished my pudding and so had Isabella. She gently placed her spoon down and I harshly pushed back my chair and stood up. Isabella looked up startled at my sudden movements.

I've been waiting for this for too long.

Grabbing her arm I yank her up and turn to the direction of our bungalow and rush back eager to start the party.

I feel my kitten fighting against my grip, but I was so hungry for her and the desire to get what I wanted was too great.

Within moments we had made it to our room and I was glad to see the rose petals scattered around the room like I had ordered.

I carefully laid my wife on the bed and crawled down on top of her taking my time to examine her beautiful features. She stared up at me trembling and my heart clenched as I saw the tears flow out of her eyes and drip down her rosy cheeks. I didn't want her to cry. Following the tears flowing down her cheeks my heart sinks as I gaze upon her terrified expressions. Lifting my hand up I softly wipe away the tears not wanting to see her cry.

Look at yourself James. Look at what you are becoming. I may be a murderer and a ruthless mafia man, but I am not a rapist. That's for certain. Just because we are married does not give me the right to take my wife against her will. I will wait for her. I will prove myself to her. Prove to her that I can be the perfect husband. Isabella looked up at me, baffled by my stillness.

"No I won't do this to you. I can't. I'm sorry" I whisper to her softly whilst stroking her cheek. Relief washed over her face and I leaned down planting a gentle kiss on her forehead. She closed her eyes and let out a whimper. I can't deal with this. I stand back up and turn away from her unable to look at her. The guilt was too much.

I turn around slowly and softly whisper out into the silent room.

"Goodnight sweetheart".

Swiftly exiting the room I head out to the beach to try and straighten out my endless thoughts.