Chapter 43 : Collaboration

Start from the beginning

However, Wuyue who played with this game since young, noticed something was wrong in Gao Huan's answer.

A Guan apologizing to the Xiong for not attending the banquet? Did not Old Guan purposely not attend the Xiong's anniversary ever since? What's there to apologized for?

And why lowering himself to me...?

A second branch greeting the main Guan was a must. But Guan greeting the second branch even it was a Xiong was not in the unwritten law of business world. If you let the bigger fish greet you, you will get eaten by it in the end. 

Wuyue caught immediately the danger situation she was in. One word from her would seal her fate and her father's fate.

This Gao Huan was not simple...is he telling me he will not be used by me?

Wuyue gritted her teeth and said alarmingly.

"Third master Gao Huan, is really humble! This Wuyue from the second branch would not dare to accept your apology! Young master Gao Huan did not offend us Xiong-" Wuyue got wide-eyed and covered her mouth from saying more. She was taught well how to play with words. And what she said by the slip of her tongue would make any elders had disapproval impression of her.

She immediately looked around and found the two almighty Old Guan and Old Xiong still in conversation from afar. The elders were speaking to their grandchildren.

Wuyue sighed in relief.  Probably no one would notice the play in their words.  But if one of the elders or worst the Old Xiong who knew the rules within the Xiong family heard what she said, they would undoubtedly punished her. A second branch of Xiong was taking the rule of the main Xiong was like a rebellion in front of the Old Xiong.

She wouldn't want that.

Even she and her father would take that role in the future she must not let it be shown to the others. Their party was not strong enough to topple the old man.

Guan Gao Huan smirked inwardly as he saw the panicked came to Wuyue. He was there when this sparrow tried to act like a phoenix. Her greedy eyes could not escape in his eyes. This kind of person coming to him had only one purpose- that was to curry his favor and use him.

But why would they let him? Coming to him was akin as coming to the lion's den.

Besides, this greedy girl looked like she wanted to steal the position of his fiance.

And what his fiance's has. Was his.

Can anyone could take it away from him?

He was not that kind of person.

"Ms. Xiong, don't be polite of me. I'm in the wrong." He apologetic said.

Wuyue was sweating now. How could she answer? If she accept it, the conversation would be finished but the elders had ears. They would undoubtedly would heard about this exchange per words. She would be reprimanded for representing the whole Xiong family. But if she denied it, this sly man would surely took this conversation long and would refuse to let her go.

Ahh! I thought he is a dumb man!

But she was wrong. This man could not be played. There was only one thing left now. If they could not use him, maybe a collaboration could suffice.

"Wuyue, would not dare. Wuyu'er only came from the second branch. I'm here not just to greet young master Gao Huan. Could master Gao Huan did not remember me?" Wuyue take a step forward as she gave him her best smile.

"We are in the same class in preschool. Unfortunately you left Paris before we enter grade school. And I never have seen you after that time until now." Wuyue looked at Gao Huan up and down. Then back at his face.