Chapter 43 : Collaboration

Start from the beginning

So when his grandfather asked him to accompany him to attend the Xiong's anniversary he was surprised. He, who meticulously investigated everyone including his own grandfather, and he naturally knows that his grandfather would not attend the Xiong's anniversary just to congratulate them or give them face. There must be a reason. And since Old Guan purposely asked him, it was no doubt related to him. And when he saw Xiong Zhi, the young miss of Xiong, who he heard of never leave the house came to attend this anniversary, his doubt was instantly vanished.

When he attended the TIHS, the school his grandfather chose for him, he knew it was related to his fiance that his grandfather talked in passing. He investigated the richest families that attended in this school. The three families that could rival Guan's family were only three: Lu's, Tang's , and Xiong's. The Lu's only has two masters. The Tang's has two miss. And the Xiong has one miss.

(A/n: miss/masters that was referring here were the heir in line. Like Xiong Zhi, they came from the main family.)

So he only guessed from the Tang and Xiong. He haven't encountered with the Tang's. Since the older sister was in another country, and the other one, was isolated for its coming competition. He only heard that the younger of Tang's miss liked music.

And the young miss of Xiong, even the girl attended the same school he haven't made any move to meet her. Since he was also busy in his own way. And now coming here, and when Old Guan showed his excited face in front of that Xiong girl, his doubt immediately gone.

If it's about the Xiong girl becoming here fiance, he had no objections. The girl was beautiful , her looks and unique aura were exceptional. As a man, having a beautiful fiance was a good thing. She was also intelligent. When he watched her earlier when she performed, he knew this girl was not timid and naive as she  was in the rumor. If one look closely her moves to gain the elder's  favor were really thoughtful and can make people speechless. He admit it, this Xiong girl was a good choice. She could stand beside him. As he had many ambitions and goals, he knew he would become one of the legendary figure in business world. So naturally, his wife would be exceptional and could make every man envy him.

However, he had not given a chance to talk to her.

Maybe I should wait outside the comfort room.

He was about to excuse himself when he heard a coquettish voice.

"Third Young master Gao Huan, you really give face to the Xiong by coming here. I, as , a descendant of Xiong would like to give you a toast-" the crowd immediately give path to the seductive girl in pink hanfu.

Xiong Wuyue slightly bowed to give greeting to Gao Huan.

Her slender white nape made the men gulped as she lowered her head.

Gao Huan smiled to Xiong Wuyue.

"It is the miss from the Xiong. I did not give face to the Xiong, it is a must to attend this wonderful banquet. I deeply apologized for I, as a Guan, haven't attended any banquet of Xiong before this. But as I am here in China, I must not let go of this opportunity." Gao Huan also bowed as an apology and a greeting to Wuyue.

The crowd were amazed as the two mighty families bowed to another to express humility. No one tried to act mightier than the other. The crowd had a good impression of Wuyue, even though she was not the heiress of the Xiong, she still managed to carry the almightiness of the Xiong family in front of Guan's in a humble manner. And Guan gained another fans as he humbly apologized to the Xiong family, even from a second branch at that. This shows he was not a haughty person but a man with principles.

However, no one saw the slight glint of sly in Guan's eyes.

Apologizing himself in front of the second branch of the Xiong? Humbling himself in front the Xiong family? Only fools would believe it.