---

Team Voltron was taken to the Garrison's main base, which was being protected by a particle barrier they had built by using the plans Coran gave Commander Holt.

The cars arrived to find a crowd filled with the excited faces of those who awaited the paladins' arrival.

Once the car doors opened, Pidge jumped out and made her way to her mom, who awaited anxiously for her daughter's arrival.

The two embraced and were soon joined by Commander Holt, who wrapped his arms around them both.

"Oh Katie." said Colleen Holt. "I'm so glad you're home."

Then, a female voice could be heard calling Lance's name.

"Lance!" screamed his sister, Veronica.

"Uncle Lance!" said two children, who began to make their way towards the cars.

"Hey!" screamed Lance, who ran out of the car towards his family as tears went down his face.

"You two have gotten so big!" he said, embracing the children.

He quickly became surrounded with family members, who joined in for a hug.

Kanna's heart was warm with joy upon seeing her friend so happy.

Her and Keith remained by the cars with Kosmo, as the others greeted family and friends.

Commander Iverson then walked towards Hunk, to welcome him back.

"Its good to have you home, cadet."

"So, my family...?"

"We'll get them back soon."

Kanna walked forward and put a hand on Hunk's shoulder as a supportive gesture.

When she stepped beside her friend, Commander Iverson noticed her presence and his face was painted with shock.

"Kanna?" he asked, perplexed. "Kanna Sendai? Is that you?"

Kanna scratched the back of her head and smiled awkwardly.

"Hey uncle Mitch." she said, timidly.

"Uncle Mitch?" asked all the other paladins, in unison.

"Well, he's not really my uncle." she said. "My dad and uncle- I mean, Commander Iverson, were really good frien-"

Before she could finish, however, Commander Iverson pulled her in for a bear hug.

"Where have you been? " he said, with a voice flooded with emotion. "I'm so happy to see you, Kanna. I looked everywhere for you. Your father would have never forgiven me if I let something happen to you."

Kanna stood still for a moment, until she finally reciprocated, hugging Iverson tightly.

"I'm so sorry uncle Mitch. I never meant to worry you." she said.

"I'm just glad you are safe. You are still the spitting image of your father, but I can see a lot of your mother in your eyes." he said. "Look at you! A defender of the universe! Your folks would be so proud."

Kanna smiled, feeling a rush of emotions.

Commander Iverson then noticed Keith standing a few steps behind Kanna.

"Cadet." said Iverson.

"Yes sir." said Keith, saluting.

"I believe I owe you an apology. I heard about all you've done. I was... wrong, about you. It's an honour and privilege to see you again."