54- rings and bells

Betts Point Of View-

"You look beautiful Betty" Veronica said passing me my bouquet.

"It seems like only yesterday we were all waiting for you and him to jump out of that waterfall and tell us you said yes" Toni said wiping a tear from her cheek.

"No tears girls, our makeup will run, and were already late, oh my god Betty come here" Cheryl says more emotional than the three of us put together, pulling me in for one last hug before the three of them walked down the aisle in front of me.

"Thinking Of you mommy" I whispered to myself twirling my mothers locket around my neck before Fangs came, taking my hand to walk down the aisle.

"Should would be so proud" he whispered kissing my hand and I slipped my arm into his. I gave him a wry smile and squeezed his arm, taking a deep breath before the wedding march began to play.

Jugheads Point Of View-

They're late, late to her own wedding, Betty cooper alright. Betty jones in about an hour.

I smiled and nodded at all the girls in their bridesmaids dresses, and took a deep breath when I heard the wedding march begin to play, I refrained from turning to look at her, I can't cry in a room full of serpents.

But I did, but I didn't see Betty. I saw an angel. Gracefully gliding down the aisle, dressed in white, the light from the church stainglassed window dappled on her face, oh her beautiful face. The happiest expression painted on it, her lips tugged with a shy smile, and I felt my face split in two with a grin. I wiped away a tear that spilt down my cheek with my beanie that I held in my hands.

She finally reached me and I felt like I was winded, the luckiest man alive was me, because I was marrying this angel, too beautiful for words to put into, too sweet, too precious, she held my heart.

Betty's Point Of View-

I saw him wipe away a tear and I nearly fell over my dress, and when I reached him, I've never been more in love with this man. He made me feel loved, cherished, I loved him because he saw the darkness in my beauty, I loved him because I saw the beauty in his darkness.

I believed that everything happened for a reason, and thanked every star for everything that happened since I met him. Everyday was an adventure, every meal at pops was like we were dining at the ritz, every date like our first.

We are like if Romeo and Juliet got the ending they deserved, and sometimes I pinch myself because I'm so lucky as to feel like I'm dreaming every time I'm with him.

Like the stars were made just for us.

Jugheads Point Of View-

"I do" I choked out.

"I do" she repeated.

Those words, that completed something that had been missing my whole entire life. Maybe it was the endless list of mommy issues I had, maybe the fact I thought I couldn't be loved, but she has showed me in every way possible I can be loved. And I am.

The time came to finally walk back down the aisle, hand in hand, as Mr. And Mrs. Jones.

Betty's Point Of View-

My favourite part of the day wasn't getting into my dress, or even saying the words I do, it wasn't signing the marriage certificate because I knew I was already his, my favourite part of the day was when we were watching our crazy family dance around and cause a riot whilst we were tucked away in the corner, in our own little world, as we always are.

"You know Juggie, as a little girl you always imagine yourself in a big white Cinderella dress marrying your Prince Charming, but I'm happy I got the beanie wearing, leather clad gangster from the wrong side of the tracks" I hummed my head on his shoulder.

"I'm just so happy, Mrs Jones, that I corrupted you just enough to persuade you to marry me" He chuckled.

"Ah, say it again!" I giggled.

"Mrs Jones" he whispered in my ear and I grinned.

"You make it sound so dirty" I giggled again and he let out a laugh.

"Would you expect anything less?" He grinned spoon feeding me wedding cake.

"Not from my husband, no" I chuckled.

"Ah, say it again!" He mocked my time from earlier.

"My husband" I whispered in his ear, and he kissed me, for the first time since the church, I missed his kisses and he last kissed me a few hours ago. Whipped.

"I have a lifetime of kisses and cuddles" I declared.

"Until we have our girls, and then they get the kisses and cuddles" he laughed.

"Until they're teenagers, then I'll get the attention back" I laughed.

"It's been a really emotional day Betty, don't bring that up" he joked.

"I just can't believe your still talking about our girls when we've been married for 3 hours 10 minutes and 57 seconds" I laughed picking his arm up and looking at his watch.

"Hey I'm just surprised that I still haven't took you into the toilets to get you pregnant yet" he chuckled.

"Give me a year Juggie, then you can have your girls" I laughed.

"Really!" He got excited.

"I'll think about it" I laughed.

Veronica's Point Of View-

"Does any body actually remember what it was like before those two brought us all together" I asked watching Betty and Jughead share their first dance.

"Hell" sweetpea replied and Toni nodded.

"I'm glad they have eachother though, and now they're going to be happy for the rest of their lives" Cheryl said, we all watched them glide across the floor. Staring into each others eyes, giggling, being the happiest I've ever seen them.

Jugheads Point Of View-

"So what's next for us?" She giggled in the car on the way to the air port.

"The stars" I sighed, grinning over at her, her eyes lit up, and she held my hand as we drove. The wedding band and engagement ring glittering in the darkness.

We both looked back in the rear view mirror and watched as everyone waved us off, the cans clattering as they hit the bumpy road signalling that in fact that we are "just married" it said so painted on the bonnet.

I saw Veronica and sweetpea, with their son, a family that I'm proud to have seen grow in each and every way.

I saw Cheryl and Toni, more in love than they have ever been, the HBIC who hates serpents, who would now likely die without her pink haired beauty if they were ever apart.

I saw Fangs, doing what he does best, intrude on Ronnie and sweet peas relationship, and they wouldn't have it any differently.

I saw my family, together as one, happy, something I haven't seen in a while and didn't think I would ever see again.

And I looked over to see my wife.

Just as beautiful as the day I met her.