41-young and dumb

SweetPeas Point Of View-

"Where have they gone?" Ronnie asked me, her arms wrapped around my neck whilst I carried her around the lake, bobbing her up and down.

"If I tell you will you promise not to freak out and cause a scene?" I said quietly and she looked up at me eyes wide, and I gestured for the others to come and surround us.

"Jugheads proposing to Betty" I whispered and everyone went to scream but Ronnie and I stopped them, pushing fingers to lips.

"Betty is going to pass out" Cheryl squealed and we all seated ourselves on the shores of the water, looking up at the water fall waiting for them to come out.

Betty's Point Of View-

"Baby your drunk!" I laughed looking up at him, his grin now disappearing.

"I'm not Betty, I've had like 3 beers, I'm serious about this, I want to be with you for the rest of my life!" He argued and this was starting to feel really real.

"If this is some sick prank I don't find it funny!" I said, not wanting to make a fool of myself.

He laughed his big belly laugh and then looked at me seriously.

"Elizabeth cooper, I love you more than the infinite number of stars in the sky, and I want you to be mine, for the rest of our lives" he said softly, kneeling in between my legs and taking my hands, and staring up at me with those eyes. It was inevitable that I was going to say yes of course, I'd be married to jughead fucking Jones! But I had to weigh this out somehow.

"Juggie were so young!" I said feeling the lump in my throat.

"Exactly, the more time we have together" he laughed and smirked up at me.

"You're crazy!" I rolled my eyes but squeezing his hands.

"Crazy 'bout you Betty" he said so smoothly that my heart fluttered and I let my tear fall down my cheek.

He adjusted himself so he was on one knee in between my legs, still holding onto my hands.

"I'm asking you right now Betty cooper, will you be my wife?" He said, a hopeful glint in his eye.

"Jughead Jones, I love you" I breathed, grinning from ear to ear leaning in to close the space between us and kiss his lips. Passionately, his hands gripped my hips and he jolted up from where he was on the floor to push me against the wall. His hips pinning me against it, his tongue tracing my collar bone.

I grabbed his face to connect our lips again and let out a soft sigh to which he bit my bottom lip, hips still pinning me against the wall, he leaned back to look at me, his hands cupping my cheeks.

"So is that a yes?" He whispered, in the dark i could barely even see him but I could tell his tone was serious, like he was scared of rejection.

"No doubt in my mind that I would ever say no to you in the first place" I whispered in his ear leaving a small peck on the bottom of his earlobe.

"That's a yes!" He said picking me up and spinning me around.

"Yes, yes yes yes yes!" I shouted hysterically grabbing his face and dotting little kisses around every inch of his it.

"Mr and Mrs Jones" I whispered in his ear and I felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up which made me giggle.

"I like the sound of that" he smirked up at me.

"I hope you don't think this is some half ass proposal because I don't have a ring for you" he said taking my hand as we made our way out of the cave.