26- a basement and a basket ball

Jugheads Point Of View-

"How long now?" I asked, quite frankly bored of this basement.

"Soon jug, there is just two left, one I'm dealing with tonight, the next in two days, the other ghoulies happily joined our side and Malachi is in prison, there's almost non of them left" my dad said into the phone.

"It's been six months, how is Betty?" I asked, I think I must of dreamt about her every night since I left.

"She's going off the rails, I thought it was bad at the start, but she's got worse recently, she's out of control" he sighed.

"Why?" I asked panicking.

"She never goes to school anymore, she's kind of took up a job for spare money at the bar" he said awkwardly.

"A dancer!" I almost screamed.

"Only when I go home, she's a bar maid too" he sighed.

"I'm coming home" I said determined.

"Give me a week son" he said exasperated.

And that's when I heard her in the back ground.

"Hey FP" her beautiful, angelic voice said and then the line went dead. Six whole months since I've saw her, I have every single voice mail she has ever sent me saved to my phone and I listen to them every night.

Every god damn night.

So that's when I decided, I was going back to Riverdale. Tonight.

I was bored of lifting weights and throwing the same old basket ball into the same old hoop. It was time for me to see my girl, and I didn't even care about the consequences.

Betty's Point Of View-

A rock. I come to stare at this rock quite often recently, I kind of feel guilty because he wouldn't approve of anything I'm doing but I don't know how to handle to grief.

"I know I talk to this rock way too much" I said sitting with my knees up and resting my elbows on them.

"But, it's the only thing that keeps me grounded. I was sat thinking about that bet you made with me, I wore no underwear for a day and you bastard, you still owe me a hundred dollars" I laughed laying the flowers down.

"God I miss you" I cried wrapping my jacket around me before kissing my hand and resting it on the head stone as I walked away.

FP had business tonight, so I have to go back to the trailer, after my shift. I was on until midnight because I had to go shopping the next day and it was already 8:30. I didn't even want to go. But then again, I didn't really want to do anything nowadays.

I got on my bike and headed straight to the bar and changed into my work shirt behind the bar just as the first customer of my shift waited to order.

"What can I get you?" I smiled turning around to see hank.

"Hey baby girl" he smiled shyly.

"Hey hank, what's it going to be?" I said taking a glass out of the cupboard below.

"Just a beer" he said throwing five dollars on the bar.

I pulled his pint and went to get him his change and he just said no. I put the two dollars change in my apron for tips and took my phone out.

A missed call off Veronica.

I called her back as I served two other people, a vodka and orange and a whiskey neat. The bar started to fill up and the room filled with smoke.

"What's up v" I said leaning my ear to my shoulder and busying myself with the cash register, change of a twenty.

"Still on for shopping tomorrow?" She asked me.

"Of course, I have like a hundred dollars saved up, and I'm doing a shift tonight, should have at least fifty on top of that" I said handing people their drinks and change and smiling at them once they said Thankyou.

"Okay, also what do you want for your birthday?" She asked me.

"Nothing" I said and hung up the phone before she could argue.

I leaned against the bar and looked at my phone. 8:50. Three hours and ten minutes to go. My shifts usually go a lot faster when all the serpents were here but they were mysteriously MIA today which was strange.

Must be some heavy business.

Jugheads Point Of View-

I drove all the way back to Riverdale, only stopping twice on my way, I drove around for a while, it was just after 10:30 when I got to the trailer and nobody was home.

I walked into the bedroom and there was a giant picture frame on the wall, filled lots of pictures of me and Betty. There were fairy lights wrapped around the headboard of the bed and the room was tidy. The tidiest ive ever seen it.

I opened the wardrobe and saw all my clothes still perfectly how I left them. And my fingers trailed across Betty's clothes, perfectly hung on hangers.

I know I shouldn't but I looked at all her books, and her diary fell out.

Six months, and it still doesn't feel real, it's like I can feel him somewhere in my heart, like I can my mom in times of need. It frustrates me because I know he's not coming back but I need him, I don't think there will ever be a man like my Juggy, I don't want anyone other than him. I was thinking today about the time we made a bet, if I went to school with no panties on he would give me a hundred dollars. That sneaky bastard would die just to get out of that bet because I won it fair and square. I just love him and the happiest memories are the only things keeping me going at the moment.

And every night I have the same dream, we're back at the hospital the night my mom died and he's holding me again, when I wake up I can still hear his voice in my ears, smell his scent in my nose and feel his touch on my skin. I would probably kill Veronica if it meant I could see him again.

That's when I heard the door open, I checked the time and it was only 11, no one would be back by now. Before I knew it Veronica lodge burst into the room.

We both just looked at each other and she screamed.

"Veronica shhh" I hissed putting my finger by my mouth.

"Your-you're dead Jughead, how are you here!" She said giving me a hug and holding me at arms length.

"More like what are you doing here!" I shout whispered.

"Getting my text book, does Betty know your fucking alive!" She shout whispered back.

"No, don't tell her. It's not safe for me to be back yet but I missed my girl" I smiled.

That's when he phone started to ring, we both looked down at the caller ID "Betty cooper". Both of our eyes widened and I put my finer to my lips as she answered the phone.

"Hey B" she said normally.

"Did you find it?" I could hear Betty's voice on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, I'm on my way home now, I don't know whether we can go shopping tomorrow but ill reschedule soon" she said picking up her book and walking out of the trailer, I followed behind her quietly and stood on the porch.

"How long have you got left of your shift?" She said loudly so I could hear her.

"Wait your on your way now, I've just left other wise I would of stayed with you" she said making eye contact with me and raising her eyebrows at me.

"You broke her heart Jughead" she said getting into the car and driving off.

Deep down, I knew she was going to be pissed, but I needed to see her even if she punching the crap out of me.