44-the birthday king and his queen

Betty's Point Of View-

Happy 18th birthday Jughead Jones. I was dancing around our kitchen making him breakfast in bed, I even went as far as putting it on a little tray with a little pot with a little flower in it. He was still snoozing away, he never has been a morning person, or an afternoon person considering it was 1:45pm.

Eggs and bacon, toast and sausages, baked beans, mushrooms, and of course his morning coffee. With a little pat on my back I carried over the tray to the bed and looked down at him. His hand was covering his face from the sunlight that was creeping in through the curtains.

"Juggie, wake up" I said softly stroking his hair and balancing the tray on the bedside table. He stirred a little bit but made no effort to open his eyes.

"Babyyy" I laughed shaking him a little bit, and he peeped one eye open at me and a grin automatically split his face into two.

"I made you breakfast!" I said placing the tray over him and he sat up on in bed, against the headboard looking down at the food.

"Why Thankyou Baby girl!" He grinned taking a sip of his coffee.

"My pleasure" I smirked leaning over to place a sweet kiss on his lips, the getting up to get "my breakfast".

"I'm just running down the stairs to get some more eggs, be back in two minutes" I called running out of the door, I heard an "okay" from behind me and ran down to the back of the storage room where I had been hiding his gifts.

It's his first birthday as my boyfriend, so I wanted to make it a little special, and bought a bunch of helium balloons all different colours, there must of been about thirty or so, with a giant 1 and a giant 8 made of foil. And the two  bags of presents, and the other small box.

I looked like an idiot juggling those things up the stairs, but o was so excited to see his face, so as I swung the door open, I didn't expect to trip and go flying and nearly break my neck. I rubbed my head, untangled my self from the balloons, straightened out the bags and looked over to jughead who had an amused glint in his eyes. He was trying not to laugh, but I was laughing at myself.

"Surprise" I said out of breath from the stairs and the acrobatics.

I placed the balloons by the bed in the corner of the sliding doors and sat with the two bags and the small box, I gave him his card and he read it out loud.

My jug,
Thankyou for the best year of my life!
It's seems as if the world would still be a strange to me, if not for you. I'm so thankful that our paths intertwined to form this beautiful adventure~ happy birthday, my love x

He read it with a grin on his face and he proudly balanced the card on the bedside table.

"Thankyou gorgeous" he beamed leaning forward and kissing my forehead, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I pushed the bags into his lap.

I got him all the things that I knew he needed, new boots, new jeans, new underwear, and then there was little gifts like the picture frames and men's body wash sets. A bottle of whiskey for good luck and chocolates, he loves chocolates. And then the small box last. It wasn't much it was just his key ring, the one that had the "E" on, which he left before he died.

"I've been looking everywhere for this!" He grinned and I smiled up at him.

"It's not much" I said shyly.

"It's more than enough, Thankyou baby girl" he said putting his arm around my waist and pulling me into a hug, I showered him with kisses, and he chuckled tickling my stomach.