15- dinner and a movie

Jugheads Point Of View-

A date with a girl, a concept that was new to me.

Especially when that girl is unlike any other. So here I was driving the most beautiful girl in Riverdale to a date I had a day to organise. I was kind of starting to sweat in case she didn't like it.

I pulled in to the drive in and watched her eyes light up as she recognised where we were.

"I haven't been here in years I thought it had shut down" she grinned looking at the empty parking lot and the big screen that was ready to play her favourite movie. The breakfast club.

Flash back-

"So what do you want to do today?" I had asked Betty we had Thursday and Friday off school because the storm had got so bad.

"I don't know? We could watch a movie?" She replied sitting up cross legged on the bed.

"What's your favourite movie?" I asked her, she watched me as I watched her, it was like we both wanted to say so much more than just that but we couldn't.

"Right now, the kissing booth, but my all time favourite is the breakfast club" she said.

"A classic" I smiled at her and she gave me a small, shy smile in response.

I took her hand and lead her to the tree that was behind the little booth where the movie was projected on the big screen.

Up here was my secret place, no one but Jughead Jones and FP Jones knew about this place, it was special to me. I had my dad come by and decorate it with fairy lights and candles about half an hour ago and he was already down in the booth ready to push the play button on our movie.

A lonely dilapidated treehouse turned into the most romantic of scenes with a few snacks and a few candles.

"Shit" Betty gasped as she got up and looked at the view from up here, not only could you see the screen you could see the whole of Riverdale and with only one small brightly lit diner to separate the north side and the south side.

"It's beautiful" she sighed as we both sat on the edge of the tree house our legs dangling down as we watched the movie and ate peanut butter cups and drank cheap fizzy wine.

A million cigarettes were smoked that night, the film was discarded even though the nice gesture brought a tear to Betty's eye.

"Not too bad for my first date, stuff like this doesn't happen to people like me" Betty sighed as she lay her head on my shoulder.

"Why's that?" I asked looking down on her.

"I'm pretty, but I'm not gorgeous, girls like me get took to pops and the back seat of some kids dads truck, girls like Veronica or Cheryl on the other hand, major hotties get took to dinner at the fanciest French restaurant and get the finest Wining and Dining there is" She said as a chuckle but I heard the emotion in her voice.

"If I could afford it, I'd take you to New York and we would have expensive caviar and expensive champagne, and Id take you to see a show on Broadway and we'd make NYC our bitch" i said turning my head to look down at her.

"What are we doing Jughead?" She sighed and I heard her gulp.

"Enjoying ourselves, are we not?" I said teasing her.

"I mean, you know, what are we going to be" she said knotting her hands on her lap and keeping her eyes on the screen.

I stood up and walked the the back of the tree house debating how I'm going to put it into words, they were forming in my brain but my mouth wasn't co-operating.

She stood up and stood behind me as I could feel her nerves.

"Look I'll go if I made things awkward Jug, but I really like you and I don't want to just screw around.." she whispered and I just looked down at her and smiled.

Pulling her close.

My arms wrapped around her waist, her arms wrapped around my neck.

Our breath now mingling together because our lips were so close. I ran my hands up the side of her body towards her face and took her cheeks in my hands.

On her very tippy toes she reached to tangle her dainty hands in my hair and our lips finally met after all this time. The world stopped as I connected our lips, hers were so soft and tasted like strawberry lip gloss, and they moved against mine like they were made for each other's.

She melted into it and I felt her body relax as she deepened the kiss, her soft tongue subtly inserted itself into my mouth, exploring the wetness and we parted for breath.

"I don't want to screw around either Betty, I want you, all of you, for as long as I can have you" I panted tracing my thumb against her swollen lips.

Her eyes were full of stars and they shone even brighter when I said my ultimate declaration of love.

"Jughead Jones, you really are something else" she sighed as she hugged me tight. We swayed for a while, listening to the credits of the movie roll down and the iconic song at the end.

"I believe I owe you dinner" I finally said, my chin resting on the top of her head, her head snuggled into my chest, her arms wrapped around my back.

"Pops should do just fine" she sighed and looked up at me with a smile.

"And then the back of my dads truck" I mimicked.

"Don't push your luck" she giggled as she gave me another kiss on the lips.

"Thankyou for this, it's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me" she smiled as we climbed down the tree house ladder.

"Well it's not everyday the the rebel gets to take out the hot cheerleader now is it?" I replied opening the door for her.

"I suppose not" she giggled as I got in the car and we had another adventure.

Many milkshakes were shared that night, many discussions of what we were going to watch when we got home that night.

"Where are you going to get your tattoo?" I asked her as we got back into the truck.

"Um in a tattoo parlour" she said confused.

"No doofus, what part of your body are you going to get it?" I laughed starting the engine.

"Right here" She said pointing to under her boob, just on the ribcage.

"Why don't we go to the bar and get it right now?" I teased.

"If you get me a shot of something strong" she giggled.

"Really!" I almost shouted in disbelief.

"Yeah lets do this!" She laughed.