-----CHAPTER FOURTEEN-----

Začít od začátku

Next, we went to the hairdressers. One at a time, Mrs Coulter told them what hairstyle she wanted us to have.

My hair.

Rosana's hair.

Alexina's hair.

which looks like noodle stands

which looks like noodle stands . . .

last but not least, Lyra's hair.

By the time we were all ready and set. We headed off to this evening's dinner. 

We children chatted together because we barely know these adults, our plates were filled with golden chicken, mashed potato and green peas. But, we were all unfamiliar with the drinks. Lyra did a bold move and decided to try it. She picked up the glass and took a sip, made a face of horror and quickly but unnoticeably spat back in the drink. 

"That's definitely not the juice we have back at Jordan," Lyra said as she pushed the glass away from her. We all did the same, fearing we might do the same accident. 

After 3 hours from being stuck at the evening's party. We all went back to Mrs Coulter's home. Her door servant opened the door for us all, then her coat servants gladly took our coats off of us. 

"Well that was a stylish enough party," said Mrs Coulter as she was the last one to step inside her house. "But why don't they offer more ice with their drinks, I shall never understand" Mrs Coulter walks right up to her office, she turns around to us children who were following her until the door had decided to separate her and us. "Only be a moment, deary. Official business is calling me" she said as she closed the door in front of Lyra.

"Heh!" We all turned around to see Lyra's daemon, pan, who was a cat sitting on top of the glass table.

"What?" Lyra said as she walked slowly towards Pan.

"She likes to show off her new pets, doesn't she?" Said Pan looking unhappy.

We all went to the couches and sat on one side, listening to Pan's rant.

"She's never taking us to the North!" He said.

"Well, there are many reasons! Denise and Samaria are missing. Majority of us doesn't even want to go near the North due to traumatic experiences." said Rosana.

"Maybe someone knocked some sense into her for not taking us there," said Alexina.

"You are starting to sound like Samaria!" I said, trying to hold back a chuckle that will leave us in awkward silence. 

"Not just that! We are all like prisoners in this house! all these rules and rooms we aren't allowed into!" said Pan lowering his voice.

"Well. I think it's best if we leave you two to it. I need to have a chat with Alexina and Rosana. We will be just upstairs, in our rooms." I said as I stood up, signalling others to do the same. We all walked out of the living room, went upstairs and shuffled into our rooms. I slumped on my bed.

"Each damn day that passes by, is a day wasted saving the two nim brains! They might as well be dead by now! We are clueless about what's happening! We don't know where to start! We shall take this matter into our own hands!" I knew for a fact that I was more than frustrated. 

But what drew more attention in this room was a 10 knock tap at the window. Alexina and Rosana evacuated to the back of the room. I got up from my bed and walked over to the window to see a tiny mouse. I opened the window and the mouse fell right inside, it nearly looked like it was suffering and lifeless. I was about to bend down and grabbed the poor thing, but it slowly started to expand.

Expanding into human size . . . What I realized that it was no mouse at all, but indeed a human, curled into a ball, who was covered in nothing but a rag, she looks dirty, she had scratches and scabs and cuts and even bruises. But the human sprang up energetically . . . And I knew who she was just by seeing this burst of energy that comes out of nowhere. 

Denise.

"W-Where is Samaria? what happened to yo-"

"She's finishing off the last of those gobblers that were troubling us" Denise replied as if what she said were nothing. Then came a sharp whistle. "That's my signal. Be right back!" Denise turned into a huge falcon, flew out the window. I looked back at the girls, they were just as shock as I was. 

"Oh gawd, Em, step back!" Rosana pointed back at the window. I dove right into my bed when this other human being carried by a hawk rushes in. Before the impact of a falling human, Alexina and Rosana quickly catch the two falling girls before they made any noise that makes us all suspicious of our activity.