Chapter 4 - Close Call

Waking up I felt unusually hot and bothered. I felt my temperature rise and my forehead began to sweat. I didn't really understand why until the soft snoring to my left reminded me of the previous night.

I looked down at his charming face. Even when he slept he managed to look like a supermodel. 

"Stop staring at me" The pinkette whined before his eyes opened. Blushing red I turned away, how could he tell I was starring. 

"I was joking Lucy" He laughed before I shoved a pillow in his face. He pulled me on top of him during my fit of laughter. It felt natural and nice to spend a night and morning with this man. His touch was warm and his presence made me feel all fuzzy inside.

"Do you know how much body heat you generate" I gasped fanning my face. It was really incredible how flustered I was feeling. 

"Thats because I'm hot and sexy" He joked. 

"pfft you wish" I hoped off from on top of him and fumbled out of the bed. I already thought I looked absolutely terrible but my mirror definitely confirmed it. My hair was a complete mess, I was sweating with red cheeks and I had one too many "love bites" on my body. I was definitely not going to let my father see those. 

It struck me then that my father was in the house and he would be in my room any minute to wake me up. Im a moment of pure stress I threw on my dressing gown and securely wrapped it around my body. 

Turning around Natsu looked at me in confusion before I rolled him off the bed and forced his build into the closet. 

"Lucy" I heard my dad calling. Searching the room I found multiple things that would give away that someone was hear. First was Natsu's shirt which I grabbed and threw under the bed. The next was my bra dangling on the closet handle. 

"Shit" I cursed to myself as I clutched the bra. Thinking quickly I threw it into the closet. I saw Natsu's scared face but I gave him a wink before closing the door. 

"Hey dad" I smiled as he forced the door open. 

"It was awfully noisy in here, what was going on" He furrowed his eyebrows at me. I was put on the spot and I was completely blank. To make matters worse I wasn't the most successful lier. 

"uhhh well you see" I couldn't think of anything. My mind went completely blank as I blurted out  words to distract him. I needed to think quick, it had to be something believable but also something I wouldn't want to tell my father.

"I'm looking for my favorite bra" I blurted out. I could just feel Natsu's laughing from inside the closet. My father went from suspicious and angry to embarrassed and awkward in a second. His ears went as red as his face and he stuttered on his words.

"Oh, um, you go do that, I'm off to work" He waved goodbye and left as soon as possible. I placed a hand to my chest and took a deep breath in waiting to hear my father drive off. 

Once I heard the car door close, I knew we were in the clear.

"Is this the bra you wanted" Natsu emerged from the closet with a cheeky smile and my bra in hand.

"Shut up, it's all I could think of" I pushed him playfully before snatching my bra back. 

"You should get changed, I want to go to the hideout today" I ordered him. It was true, I was curious as to what it looked like and who was there. I was guessing probably Gajeel, Gray, Juvia and maybe even Erza. I wondered about the cop I had met and weather he was actually her husband but I didn't want to bother Natsu with it. 

"Already, can't we stay here for a bit" Natsu whined. It was true that he was undeniably attractive but he could be a real child sometimes. 

"No come on Natsu, we've got to work on clearing your name" I retrieved his shirt for him. 

He sighed before speaking "Fine, your right." 

Once I was changed I rummaged through my drawers to find my gun.

"You have that" He looked at me with confusion in his eyes.

"You gave it to me" 

"Yeah but I didn't expect you to keep it" He smiled, like he was proud of something I did. Maybe I was becoming more like a criminal than I thought.

"Well I look badass with a gun" I posed with the gun, it reminded me of the time I had to dress up as a police officer with Gray. I was positive I had said the exact same thing back then. 

"Not as badass as me" Natsu smirked revealing his gun and mocking my poses. 

"Well we shall ask Gray when we get to the hideout" I challenged.

"Oh your on" He accepted before the two of us snuck into the car and drove off.