Chapter 9 - Futures

As I brushed my hair in the bathroom I heard a commotion in the living room. I heard voices, welcomes, squealing and lots of whispers. 

"Lucy, Lucy" Levy opened the door and pocked her head in. 

"Wendy's here" She let out an excited screech. Wendy, Natsu's troublemaker sister. Surprisingly  I was a little nervous about meeting her. From what Natsu had said she was just like him, which makes her friendly and funny. However it also makes her a trouble maker and a hot head. 

Walking out of the bathroom I pushed through Erza and Gajeel to see a small petite girl. Her hair was a long dark blue and she wore a beautiful smile and rosy cheeks. She seemed so innocent. 

"You must be Lucy" She looked up at me nervously. 

"This is the girl who's gonna marry your brother" Gray giggled, heat immediately rushed to my face and Wendy's. I looked awkwardly at Natsu and he shared my expression. 

"Gray, don't be so immature" Natsu hit the raven haired boy. Wendy just gave me a smile. She was absolutely adorable, maybe a little cheeky from what I've heard but so was everyone in the house.

"Anyways, whatever your crazy plan is Natsu, I'm totally in" Wendy proudly announced. She seemed so willing which made me question if she really wanted Natsu free or if she just wanted to escape her parents. That was considering if she even knew Natsu was on the run.

"Well you remember Zeref yeah?" 

"A little bit, but not too much" Wendy had a squeaky voice, it was undeniably cute. 

"Well we are signing you off to him legally" Natsu explained.

"How though?" Erza interrupted expressing her thoughts aloud. She had a point, its not like we could ask Natsu's parents.

"Well to beat em you gotta be them" I heard Gajeel call out.

"Gajeels right, you know" Gray piped in walking over.

"I always am" Gajeel scoffed from a distance again.

"But how Gray darling?" Juvia joined the discussion. A moment of silent passed as well all thought of possible ways for our plan to work. We had limited options, its not like we had the materials for everyones desires.

"I've got it" It hit me.

"Blackmail" 

Everyone gave me questioning looks, so I explained myself.

"We pretend to be Zeref and blackmail them into giving Wendy over, we can leave the forms at the door."

"Perfect" Erza confirmed my idea before she started assigning everyone with jobs. Everyone but me. 

"Like I said to beat em, you gotta be em" Gajeel smirked.

"Lucy, you are on babysitting duty" I looked over to the bluenette kid who had a shy smile on her face. 

"mhmm" I could only muster out a humm. I didn't know if I was good around kids yet but I did know that I had no experience. 

"Good luck" Erza patted my back before rushing off to complete her part of the plan. Wendy explored the hideout for a bit, I followed her around introducing everything but when she got too close to a weapon stash I would lead her into a new direction. 

"Looks like we finished the tour" I slid my hands into my jean pockets. I was completely clueless on what to do next. I wasn't sure on how much information about the plan they fed the kid, I couldn't be certain on weather she knew Natsu was wanted. 

"How did you meet my brother?" Wendy spoke.

"Umm well he...." I was at a loss for words. How could I tell her that he kidnapped me. I couldn't could I.

"Well we bumped into each other and he took me on a ride to his place" I mean technically it wasn't a lie. 

"Really, he told me he kidnapped you" Wendy held back a giggle. I couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah he did" I let out a giggle remembering the time we met. 

"I've never seen my brother like this" Wendy placed a finger to her lips. 

"He seems so inlove I guess" the young girl shrugged her shoulders in thought before wondering over to the couch. It was nice to hear someone say that. I knew Natsu loved me but hearing it still brings me joy. 

"How about I braid your beautiful hair" I suggested following the girl to the couch.

"I would like that" She flashed me an adorable smile. 

Hideawayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें