Infiltration

A/N: Oh hey, fancy meeting you here stranger. Yeah I know, I suck for taking so long to update, but hey life happens ya know. Anyway I won't waste anymore of your time, on to story!

*Please overlook any grammatical errors that you may encounter.

------------------------------------

(Ash's Pov)

I was sweating bullets. seriously if that statement was was a literal one I could've easily armed everyone in this stupid rebellion.

"Are we seriously doing this?" I asked nervously, unable to make eye contact with the girl in front of me.

Apparently my voice was a little louder than I thought, because she wasn't too happy.

"Shhh, keep it down will ya!? I need you to follow my lead." Dawn snapped back in a hushed tone.

I gulped, my anxiety was seriously getting the better of me.

"B-but, I've never done anything like this before. What if we get caught?" I said, glancing side to side.

Dawn sighed in frustration, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"We won't get caught if you just. Shut. Up! Now hurry up and unhook it, we're wasting time!"

I gulped and nodded.

'Man I can't believe this was Serena's idea in the first place...' I thought to myself.

*flashback*
1 hour prior

"...you're serious?" I asked in disbelief.

Serena simply signed.

"Yes Ash, for the fourth time, yes I am serious. As much as I hate for you to be put in this situation with...her of all people, this is the only way to get the two of you onto that supply truck and into Camp Echo." Serena said, frustration clear as day in her voice.

"Oh come on princess, I already said I'm not after your dopey little prince." Dawn shot with a wink.

Serena narrowed her eyes.

"Don't push it Berlitz." She shot back.

Dawn lazily saluted.

"Yes ma'am." She said sarcastically.

This prompted Serena to shake her head and turn back to me.

"We need to get going Ash, you'll be just fine. See you on the other side, love you." She said, planting a kiss on my cheek.

This caused my anxiety to vanish.

"Love you too Sere, see you in a bit." I said with a smile.

*Flashback end*

As I leaned forward, Dawn lifted her arms so I could reach behind her. I was trying my hardest not to blush, but the feeling of her breath on my neck really wasn't helping.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dawn turn away slightly. No doubt to hide her own blush, not that it mattered, it's too dark to see anything in here anyway.

Eventually I was able to push those thoughts out of my head, which was mostly accomplished by my love....and fear of what Serena.

*rattle rattle*

"Ugg come on!" I snapped, getting frustrated with the hooks.

*rattle rattle*

"What are you doing!? Hurry up, I can't take it much longer!" Dawn said.

"I've almost...

*rattle rattle*

...got it!" I exclaimed.

*rattle click*

And with that, the secret compartment of the crate we were hiding in opened up, leaving Dawn and I tumbling out onto the steel bed of a transport truck.

"Ahhhhhh!"

"Eeeeekkk!"

Dawn and I cried out in unison.

Then we hit the steel, hard. I rub my throbbing head and open my eyes and next thing I see is Dawn on top of me. She immediately notices the expression on my face and smirks.

"You know, I think you look pretty good beneath me." She said slyly.

My face lights up like a certain unnamed reindeer's nose on Christmas night.

"W-w-what are you-" I started to stutter out, but was interrupted by Dawn's hysterical laughter.

"Dude chill it's just a joke, it's just so easy to get you flustered." She said in between fits of giggles.

My eye twitched.

"Seriously Dawn, weren't you just saying we needed to stay focused out here?" I said, still not making I contact with the bluenette currently straddling my waist.

"Right right, sorry, I'll stop. Thanks for breaking my fall by the way." She said as she got off me.

"Tsk, yeah whatever, can we just get this over with already?" I asked, getting more and more frustrated by the second.

"Alright geez." Dawn said as she opened her tablet.

(It kinda looks like Serena's, but purple.)

On the screen was a map of the area. We are in one of the dozen or so warehouses located on the base.

"Okay, so we are in W.H.3, Serena is supposed to meet us in number 7. From there we move to number 11 to meet with that Nanu guy and the feds." Dawn said.

I nodded in understanding.

"Alright, let's get moving." I said as I started to stand up.

But before I could, Dawn quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back down.

"The hell are you doing you idiot!? This place is crawling with Kalosian soldiers. We need to take this slow and steady, got it?" Dawn scolded me.

I mentally facepalmed.

"R-right sorry, I'll just follow you then." I said.

At that, the two of us began sneaking our way through Camp Echo. Our mission has officially begun.

To be continued...

A/N:
So yeah, our heroes...and Dawn have set their plan to stop the civil war in motion. I know there's not a lot of detail regarding said plan in this chapter, but don't worry it'll all make sense next chapter. As for when that chapter will be released, well, that's kinda up in the air atm.
BUT, it will come out, that I can promise. Until then, I will leave you with anticipation in your hearts...

As well as this picture of one of the most underrated memes I've ever seen.

*When you've gotta put a lasagna in the oven at 6 and try recreate the Roman Empire at 7:30.