Chapter 42: The Beast

Warning: contain mature content. If you are triggered you can skipped the italized part.

__________________________

As Guan Gao Huan raised his hand for the handshake, Xiong Zhi flinched and closed her eyes in instinct. Like she was about to receive a beating.

When seconds passed and nothing came, she opened her eyes to see the bewildered look of the elders, the amused gaze of Gao Huan and the worry in Linfeng's eyes.

Xiong Zhi came back to reality. Her heart was still beating fast, it was not the same comforting feeling she felt with Linfeng, but contrary, it was a frightened feeling. She calmed herself down.

She acted in instinct but she could not blame herself. After that incident, she became an official punching bag of that man. Whenever he visited in that island, his face was always dark and all his pent-up frustration for the loss of his project against the SC company would be lashed out on her.

So whenever she heard the sound of a helicopter, she always hides. Under the bed, in the closet, anywhere. His abuse was becoming more extreme as time passed.

Until one day--

"---pleased to meet you, Miss Zhi." The voice she dreadfully feared brought her back before she started to be drawn by the memories of the past.

Gao Huan's hand was still in the air waiting for her to accept it.

Which she doesn't want to..
She hated him.
So much.
She was so disgusted by him.
That she wanted to puke when she saw him.

She was mad mad mad....so mad at him! She felt her throat dried. What followed that eight months was hell.

She could never forgive him.
Not in this second lifetime. Nor the next lifetime, or after ten, hundreds, or eternal lifetimes!

She swears by the gods, if she was given a chance, a second chance, she would become strong to escape that fate. That hellish fate.

To escape from this beast.
To fight this monster.
And to pay him back a hundred times.

"Young miss Zhi..." Linfeng reminded Xiong Zhi gently.

His young miss was acting strangely.

Xiong Zhi stirred at the remainder of Linfeng. She looked at the hand and then to the elders. They were furrowing their brows like they found the scene unpleasant.

Yes. They were carrying each thought such as
'Is the young miss doesn't want to accept the hand of Guan?' ,

'What she's standing for gawking at him?!',

'Is she acting high and mighty in front of the Guans?'

Old Xiong also furrowed his brow. Did his granddaughter knew Gao Huan, or maybe she khew he was the man that supposed to be engaged on her? Old Guan looked at Old Xiong questionably.

Gao Huan was still waiting for Xiong Zhi to accept his hand. He was getting impatient. He want to bring it down. As he was about to do it, Xiong Zhi with sweat on her forehead reached out her hand to accept it. She swallowed her urge to punch him, to put a knife on his heart, or throw a bomb on him.

Gao Huan saw the hand and he smiled playfully. Xiong Zhi's hand was still on mid-air when he caught it, brought it to his devilish lips and kissed it.

All the women who saw it blushed at the romantic greeting of Gao Huan. How they wished it was their hand!

Linfeng's eyes flashed an unknowing glint and still kept his calm expression.

But Xiong Zhi, the owner of the hand, froze. Her face was unreadable.