Forty Two

"Hi, Mr. Knight , I'm Dr. Davidson. We are going to admit you to the hospital for a few days." As the doctor spoke, Jordan appeared distressed to think he was staying in the hospital again. "You are suffering from severe exhaustion and dehydration and you need to rest. We will be giving you IV's to help with the dehydration and I will prescribe something to help you relax and rest."

Jordan just sighed and closed his eyes.

"Jordan , it'll be okay, you need to rest and get better." Shelly tried to make him understand that he was sick.

Back at the Orlando concert, Jon was hoping that the concert would end quickly. The guys attempted to carry the parts that Jordan would normally solo on, but really were messing it up because they knew half or none of the words. Jon suddenly realized during part of a song that they still had to contend with the fans that had backstage passes. It was going to be at least another hour before they would be leaving the auditorium.

When the guys finished the last song, they ran off the stage and started grabbing gear as if they were preparing to leave. Jon had to remind the guys that there were still a few obligations that needed to be fulfilled.

"Whoa, hey, guys, don't forget that we still have the fans with the backstage passes."

"Shit." JOE said as he threw his bag back down on the floor. JOE always had the flair for putting things into words what others were thinking.

The backstage fans started filing in. Jon , Danny and JOE sat back on the couch and drank their bottles of water. Donnie was on his cellphone with a friend. Each of them were secretly praying that the fans would just go away. They really didn't have the time for something like this tonight.

The fans that were backstage seemed to be especially annoying to the guys tonight. A group of girls gathered around the couch and started asking the guys how Jordan was and what was wrong with him. JOE was starting to answer the girls when Jon cut him off, Jon knew that anything that was about to come out of JOE 's mouth would not be pleasant or needed to be heard by young girls.

"We know just about as much as you guys do right now. Once we are finished here, we can go to the hospital and check on him." Jon wished that everyone would leave. It was hard to be polite when you are so worried about someone.

Jon didn't hardly talk to the girls that had gathered around the couch. He was too deep in thought about Jordan worrying about what was wrong with him this time. Jon was hoping that it was only that Jordan had been pushing himself too much and not something more serious. Jordan was wanting so desperately wanting to be normal again that Jon was convinced that Jordan had finally pushed himself too far.

Thankfully, after over an hour, the stage manager clapped his hands together and told the people that it was time for them to leave the guys.

The words were barely out of the manager's mouth when JOE jumped off the couch and grabbed his gear and was beating tracks to the back door to leave. All of the guys had driven themselves to the auditorium so they would be leaving separately. Jon asked Danny if he would be going to the hospital.

"Of course I am, do you want to ride with me or something?" Danny asked Jon .

"No, I think I will drive myself that way if I want to stay longer I can and also give Shelly a ride back to get Jordan 's car." Jon replied.

"Yeah, that does make sense to me. See ya there." Danny said as he was walking towards the door. He flung his jacket over his shoulder.

"Okay, you know where he is, don't you?" Jon called out to Danny .