Thirty Two

Jon took Michelle 's hand to try to calm her down. As they approached the hospital, Donnie said,"Where do we go? Which way?"

He was upset and he talked loud and fast.

"Calm down, just pull up to the front." Jon was calmer. Jordan was quiet and kept gulping air and moaning.

Donnie stopped the car in front of the hospital. Shelly and Jon flew out of the backseat as Donnie popped the trunk open. Jon grabbed the wheelchair and pulled it hastily over to the passenger door. Donnie flung the door open and Jon grabbed Jordan under the arms and slid him to the chair. He hastily put Jordan 's feet on the stands and then he pushed the chair into the hospital. Donnie didn't follow Shelly and Jon . He was going to go park the car, but changed his mind and slipped off his ignition key and gave it to the valet parking boy and quickly got his receipt.

Donnie ran in and caught the elevator before the doors closed.

"Jon , you take Jordan to his room and I'll stop at the nurses station and let them know that something is wrong." Shelly tried to take a handle on the situation.

Jordan was grabbing his legs and moaning. No one knew what was wrong and what Jordan was feeling. Jordan wasn't talking to anyone. His eyes were closed and he was rocking his body back in forth.

As they got into Jordan 's room, a nurse rushed in right behind them. She didn't waste anytime putting a blood pressure cuff on Jordan 's right arm and starting the machine.

"Jordan , where does it hurt?" The nurse asked.

"My legs,OH GOD." Jordan yelled when the pain sharply rose again.

"Can you describe it?" the nurse questioned again.

Jordan had his eyes closed and his head was tilted back. First he shook his head no. "It just goddamn hurts. Knife stabbing, hot. It just hurts. Awwwwwww."

Kev, Jon and Shelly looked at each other. Was this something good or was this a bad thing. How long would this last?

The nurse left the room.

"Jordan , do you want to lay down? Maybe if you stretch out it may help your legs." Donnie offered.

Jordan nodded. It sounded like a good idea, he was willing to try to do anything to take the pain away.

Donnie pushed the chair over to the bed. "Let me move you."

Jordan normally didn't want anyone to touch him, he wanted to be independent, but was glad that Donnie offered to put him into the bed. It hurt so much that he didn't think he would be able to move himself.

Donnie picked his friend up under the arms and placed him into the bed. Jordan moaned while he was being moved.

The nurse came back into the room with an IV pole and a syringe.

"Oh god, not another IV." Jordan cried out.

"I'm not hooking you up to it yet, Dr. Gaynor told me to wait until he checks you out. I do have some morph for the pain," the nurse said as she lowered Jordan 's waistband on his blue jeans. She exposed his hip and swabbed it with rubbing alcohol. Jordan flinched as she injected the morphine into his body.

Suddenly, Jordan felt warm. The pain was slowly going away. He also felt very, very sleepy. He tried to fight the sleepiness but finally drifted off.

"There, that should help him rest," the nurse stated as she saw Jordan go to sleep. Without skipping a beat, she picked up his left hand and strapped a band on his upper arm and looked for a vein on the top of his hand. She prepped it and started up an IV.