Six

The ride home for Shelly was long. She did not like being away from Jordan y and was afraid that something would happen while she was gone. When Jon pulled up to her house, she literally jumped from the vehicle and yelled back, "Come on in and make yourself at home," while she went through the front door. Jon shrugged his shoulders and got out of the car and followed her in.

Shelly took the fastest shower in her life. She was going to dry her hair but decided that would take too long and opted for it to dry naturally on the way back. She pulled on a comfortable pair of jeans and a loose tee shirt. She knew that it was necessary for her to be comfortable and not fashionable so she didn't really care how she looked. She brushed her hair out and applied her make up and grabbed some extra things and shoved them into a bag.

"Okay, I'm ready to go." Shelly announced when she entered the living room. Jon was sitting in the lazy boy watching MTV. "Wow, that was fast. Hey, they have an update on MTV news about Jordan ." Jon turned up the volume.

"Jordan Knight of the New Kids on the Block was involved in a serious car accident Saturday afternoon. One person was killed as a result of the accident. Knight was taken to a Boston area hospital where he is currently in critical condition. We will keep you updated as further information is released."

"Oh, thank you for the privacy. This will be great now. Do you know how many people will be hanging out at the hospital?" Jon was disgusted with the report. It really was a violation of Jordan 's privacy.

"We'll just have to make the best of it. Come-on, let's go." Shelly pulled on Jon 's arm. Shelly asked Jon to drive down the street where the accident happened.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Jon looked at Shelly worried.

"Yes, I need to . Are you okay with doing it?" she almost forgot that it could be difficult for Jon .

"Yeah, I can do it."

Michelle and Jon were quiet all the way there listening to the radio. Jon had it on the oldies station and Shelly closed her eyes while she was listening. Jordan almost always had his stereo on the oldies.

As they approached the intersection, Michelle could see long screech marks where Jordan had applied the brakes in vain. There were flowers on every corner, it looked like some kind of shrine. There were a few girls standing around and it looked as if they were crying. They had a few minutes to look at the intersection since they had to wait for a red light.

"I can't figure out how that guy just pulled in front of Jordan , it looks like he would have a clear view of the traffic from all sides." Jon sighed.

"Jon , we will never know what that man saw, we can't blame him for what happened, his family is grieving also, we just have to accept it and go on."

Jon nodded slowly in agreement, thinking of what Shelly had said while looking at the intersection. There were pictures of Jordan and flowers on every corner. Some girls were standing off to one side crying.