Forty One

Shelly recalled that Jordan hadn't spoke in quite awhile. That was starting to concern her as well. "I'll just wait until we get in the car," Shelly thought to herself.

The walk to the car seemed to take forever. Thankfully, it was a secured garage so there weren't any paparrazzi waiting to ambush the group.

Jon and JOE walked Jordan over to the passenger side of the green durango. Shelly clicked the car alarm on her key ring to unlock the doors. Jordan sat in the seat and had to pick his left leg up and put it into the vehicle before he could turn and face the front.

"Thanks guys." Shelly said as she prepared to close Jordan 's door.

"Shelly , are you driving straight home or what?" Danny asked.

"What do you want to do Jordan ?" Shelly didn't know if he felt up to the almost two hour ride home or not.

Jordan hadn't even thought about it. They had reservations to spend the night in Orlando at the Disney Resort, the trip home would be long and he could still be in pretty rough shape and need help getting into the house.

"Hey, it's your call, what do you want to do?" Jon asked.

Jordan looked at Jon and then at Shelly . He licked his lips to speak outloud. His voice was very hoarse, "Stay." He didn't have to try and say it again because Shelly automatically told Jon she would follow him to the hotel.

As Shelly followed the car out of the garage, she asked Jordan how he was feeling. Jordan had the seat tilted back and his baseball cap was pulled down over his eyes. He didn't answer her but put his hand on her leg and patted it as if to reassure her.

"I hope you feel better in the morning, this doesn't look good."

Jordan managed to whisper back to Michelle faintly, "Me too."

Michelle woke up early, she couldn't sleep and laid in bed listening to Jordan 's breathing rhythm. Her mind raced over the events from the previous night. Jordan was able to pull off the concert, but the bad thing was that he had another concert again tonight.

Jordan started to stir in bed. He slowly opened his eyes. He turned his head and looked at Shelly .

"Morning, how ya feeling?" Shelly smiled at Jordan .

Jordan felt groggy and cleared his throat to speak, "Morning, pretty good." His voice was weak sounding but a lot better than what it was last night after the concert.

Jordan slowly sat up in bed. He reached for the television remote control on the bedstand and turned the tv on to the Today Show.

Shelly watched Jordan get up and walk across the motel room towards the bathroom. He had a very noticable limp on his left side when he walked. Jordan didn't appear to look as if he noticed he was limping.

"Hey Jordan , I'm gonna call Jon and see if he's up yet." Michelle called out.

"Okay." Jordan replied hoarsely.

Shelly picked up the phone and dialed the front desk. "Ah, yes, could I please have Mike Hart's room?" Shelly asked for the alias that Jon always registered under.

"Yeah?" Jon sounded like he had been woke up.

"Hi Jon , this is Shelly , did I wake you up?"

Jon shifted up onto his left side, clearing his throat. "No I was thinking about getting up."

"Hey, do you want to meet for breakfast?"

"That sounds good to me, JOE , Kev, and Danny are already out golfing, I assume. I'll be ready in about an hour, Shelly . What room are you guys in?" Jon asked as he looked at his watch.