Escape

Cold, just like Lucy's heart. That was how that day started. The Execution. He looked sickly pale. Edgar couldn't even smile once.

Inside of me, a fire burnt. The urge to go, run. I tried to stay calm and watch. Maybe Lucy was right, but I couldn't bare to think of it that way.

The fire still dwelled. Finally it burnt. I lunged at the shooter and stabbed him straight in the stomach. The other attempt to shoot me, but failed. I slit his throat, grasped Edgar and ran.

We dashed through alleyways, busy markets and tall buildings before we were stopped by my weakness. Lucy.

"Fool, you think you can run! I'll teach you a lesson!" she howled. Lucy whipped out a knife and stabbed me straight in the arm. Then, she took out a gun and pointed it to my head.

The pain was unbearable. The knife dug deeper into my flesh and to my bones. I cried out in pain.

"Say Goodbye" she sneered. Lucy pulled the trigger.

She missed. The bullet hit a wall. I glanced into her direction. Edgar had pinned her to the ground. He took the gun.

Guards flooded in as we ran. We ran to the train station. The nearest cargo train pulled in. Edgar leaped on and grasped my hand as we road off.

I squeezed his hand to my heart. We were runaways. And I would clutch onto him as long as I could.

A/N

Yep, first book is done. but we have four more to go. I will start the next book up after I finish My Dream Guy. soo um yeah.