Lucy's Plan

I woke up in a small room and imidietly felt the burn in my right palm. Wearily, I looked up. Edgar was sitting in a chair tapping his foot, he looked up. I pretended to be unconscious. Edgar looked at me.

"You're terrible at pretending." he said.

"Why do you have to act perfectly?" I mutter, still gritting my teeth at the pain. I ask him,

"And how do you know Ca-" Edgar pressed his finger to my lips.

"Irene, you ask too many questions, I don't know." he said. He smiled at me.

"What happened?" I continued to ask, regardless of what he said.

"Well, after you randomly saved my life, you fainted. Carolyn, then asked that weird boy to take you to a random bed. Carolyn did her magnificent work on wrapping your wound up. Then I waited here so you can take me home."

I got out of the room to shut Edgar up and took him home. He slept in one of the spare rooms. I sighed, I couldn't sleep so I went to the fireplace and read.

At about two in the morning I heard a knock on my door. Being so naive, I opened it. Lucy was there. I wanted to scream, but she cupped her hands over my mouth and slammed me to the floor.

"Where is the man." Lucy asked deviously. I managed to scream.

"Answer me." Lucy said again, tightening her grip on me. I continued struggling. She whipped a dagger out and pointed it to my throat.

"Answer me or else." Lucy said again. I knew that if someone didn't come then one of us will die. She reached for my throat.

"Well then say goodbye, I knew that you wouldn't be able to survive another year." Lucy sneered. Just as she reached to stab me, Edgar came down. He reached to punch Lucy in the head. She blocked and threw the dagger straight to his head. He dodged it and punched Lucy in the stomach. Edgar pointed his gun at her.

"Leave."Edgar scowled.

Lucy scrambled out the door.

"Are you okay?" Edgar looked over at me.

"Yeah..."that was the last thing I said before I blacked out.