Chapter 11|Remake

Aphmau POV

It's an understatement to say I'm not scared. I'm terrified. I never imagined getting married so early, and even worse to a man as cruel as Zane. It's like the world has no mercy on me.

"Are you sure want to go through this?" Donna says, rubbing her hand in comforting circles on my arm. 

"I have to, Donna. The village needs it," I say, "Laurance needs it." I whisper to myself. The only people who know about LAurance predicament is Zane guards, Zoey, Kawaii~Chan, Zane, and myself.

"Everyone understands Aph." She says.

"I can't put a burden like this on everyone." I say, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes, "I'm gonna do it. I have to do it."

"Sweetie you could be making the biggest mistake in your life." Donna says.

"Oh I am," I say, running my hand through my hair, "But what choice do I have?"

----------------

One of Zane's maids do my hair as we wait for the reception to start. The boat rocks gently on the waves, but somehow aren't soothing to me.

"Lady Aphmau, Please excuse me while I go get your dress." She bows at me then turns and walks out the room. I look at myself in the mirror. It's not bad, and if I never had this wedding, I might of wore an hairstyle like this on a special occasion. 

I get up to walk around. The thought of stretching crosses my mind, so I do some arms stretches to try and calm down. I'll really do anything at this point to calm down. I'm freaky out so much, I can't really think, and there is so much to think about.

In a few hours, I will be married to Zane Ro'meave. A sick, twisted man that has the person I really like  locked up and beaten. I don't know how laurance is doing right now. They haven't let me see him of the past few days. I wonder if he's on this ship.

The curiosity courses through me, and the urge to see Laurance makes me peek out the door to see if there's a guard out there. When I see none, I sneak to the stairs. I know they keep the cells in the bottom of the ship, because that way they wouldn't be able to get out without sinking the ship with them inside it. It's smart tactic, but a stupid one when someone wants to break their friend out. 

I look through each and every cell, and to my surprise the only one with a person in it is the cell Laurance is in. I pull on the door, stupidly believing for a moment that the door will open at my command.

"The keys are at the end of the cells." Laurance mutters, his voice rough. I nod my head, grabbing the keys to open his cell. I wasted no time to get to him. 

"Are you okay?" I ask him, feeling stupid for a second. He obviously isn't okay. He actually looks worse from the last time I saw him. "What have the done to you?" I run my hand through his hair to look at his face. It a swollen mess, and it's honestly surprising hard to see his green eyes. I think they broke his nose, because it's crooked, and his lip is split and bruised. 

"It's nothing I can't handle." He says, "Aph, do you know what he plans to do to me?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, reaching down to help him sit up. He grunts when I try to gently lift him up, and I hold back tears. I know no matter how gently I do it it, it will still hurt. He looks me in the eyes.

"He wants to kill me. He is going to kill me, just so you won't back out." He says, he lifts his hand to touch my cheek. "Back out."