Chapter 8(remake)

Aphmau POV

"This will be you home until you are ready to leave." I say, giving one of the unoccupied homes to him. He looks inside, scowling at how empty it is before looking at me. He gives me a fake smile.

"Thank you. this is deeply appreciated." He say. It sounds forced, giving me a clear indication he really doesn't appreciate it. 

"If you need anything, I live in the purple house up the hill. Just knock if you have any problems." I say, pointing up the hill before smiling, "I'll give you time to settle in." I don't waste any time getting out of that house. I don't like the vibe coming from Zane. It really doesn't feel right.

"I trust you to watch over Zane." I tell Garroth. He nods his head, standing in front of Zane door. I sigh, knowing good and well it's going to be like this for a while. It won't be friend to friend conversations, only Lord to guard conversations. I really wish it didn't have to come to this.

I turn and walk away. There's villager I need to check on, things I need to do to keep my mind of Zane and his visiting. 

Laurance POV

I don't know where she is. I woke up and Aph was just gone. We were suppose to eat breakfast together, and I really looking for that. Last night was the best night of my life and I wanted to thank her for that, but I guess it was nothing to her. Maybe the kiss was embarrassing to her and that's why she didn't want to see me this morning.

"You're stupid Laurance, you shouldn't have forced something on her like that." I scold to myself, looking at myself in the mirror.  Guilty green eyes look back at me and I can't help but sigh. I'am given the amazing opportunity to meet someone like Aphmau, and the more amazing chance for her to open up to me, and I mess it up by kissing. She probably doesn't even like me back. She's Aphmau, she's to kind to tell me she isn't interested. My Irene I am so stupid.

"You mess everything up huh?" I ask myself, frowning I leave the bathroom to change into my guard gear. Today's the day that O'khasis visits. Aphmau probably expects me to be by her side when they visit. As a guard of course, not anything else. It probably will never be anything else...

Jogging out the door, I make my way over to the docks. I don't expect there to be much talk between us, just silence as we wait. I'm obviously extremely wrong because when I hit the docks I see that they are already here, and by the looks of it, Zane might already be escorted to his temporary home because not even Aphmau was there.

"Where is Zane's current whereabouts?" I asks a guard standing in front of a ship. He scowls at me, looking me up and down before answering.

"A tour with Lady Aphmau of Phoenix drop. Don't interrupt with them rookie." it took all I had not to knock him out then and there, instead I turn around and head towards the vacant house Aph told she was going to put him in. 

"I trust you to watch over Zane." I hear Aphmau say. I smile to myself, hearing the friendly but firm tone in her voice. I turn the corner, expecting to see Brian or Dale by her side, but I'm caught of guard when I see that's its Garroth. I could tell theres been some tension between the two since her birthday.

I watch him solenmly nod his head before she walked off in my direction. She didn't notice me till she takes the turn, freezing in her spot when our eyes meet. I smile at her, trying to ignore the thoughts running through my head that she doesn't want to see me. She blushes and looks to the ground, obviously trying to ignore eye contact. I frown, the thoughts instantly winning in my head as I take my stance next to her. You're her guard, not he lover, I remind myself as I walk by her side.

Aphamu did her daily rounds as usual, greeting anyone and everyone that passed by her. The conversations were short but meaningful, each one ending with her a little closer to the person she's talking to. I realized the people she's closest to are Kawaii~Chan, Kiki, Donna, and Zoey. They all seem to put a bright smile on her face as she talked to them.