Chapter 4(remake)

Aphmau POV

"What?" I ask him. The question isn't one I thought he would ask. I actually thought he was going to ask me a question about my life story since I practically made him tell me his. 

"Can I be you personal guard." He asks again. I can the worry in his voice, and the way he slightly looked away so I wouldn't see him blush. "I just always found comfort in protecting you since that day. It feels like I was meant for it. It's actually why I became a guard in the first place."

"I'm happy to have encouraged you to have done that." I smile at him. The thought of making a difference in someone life foreign to me, even now being a lord since I haven't really been able to do anything yet. O'khasis has been on my back since I've become the Lord of Pheonix Drop. "I'll talk to Dale about a having be tested to become a guard I guess. It's just that I never really had a personal guard there to protect me."

"Really? I thought that Garroth was your personal guard. he really seemed to care about your well being." He says. I shake me head, a small smile playing on my lips at the small hint of jealousy in his voice. I won't hurt his pride by pointing it out though. Just because I'm nice.

"No, I just we use to be a thing. I'm over it, but he isn't." I say, getting up. "Let's go."

"Go where?" he asks, standing next to me. We walk out of my house and started heading towards the plaza. I stop and turn to look at him.

"To talk to Dale, Laurance. Like I said in the house." His eyes widen at the realization.

"That was literally two minutes ago." He says, completely confused. "I would at least consider the fact that they might be busy."

"This is Phoenix Drop Laurance." I say, going back to walking as I talk over my shoulder. "Nothing ever happens here, my father made sure of it." And then were quite. Just as I suspected Dale is by Logan's stand, buying some root beers so he'll get drunk later, of course by accident. He's a light weight.

"Dale, I have a task for you." I say, walking up to him  with Laurance close behind me. "My friend here wants to become my personal guard, but of course I don't know what a good guard looks like."

"So you want me to test him?" he asks, paying Logan over the counter and getting his beer. 

"Yes, please." I say childishly. It's not like I mean to do it on purpose, but it's because Dale is kind of like my stand in father. He always made me happy when I was littler and sad, so he a special place in my heart.

"Of course, I'll do it tomorrow." He smiles, "Oh and Lady Aphmau, Laurances house has been prepped and is ready to be moved into."

"Oh that's okay. He actually asked to be moved into my home. I've considered it and decided he can have my brothers old room." I say, noticing the smile that falls onto Laurance's face. Dale looks at him in pure shock.

"I'm figuring this out now." Laurance tells him, waving his hand dismissively at me. I just chuckle before looking back at Dale. "I'll take the offer." Laurance says.

"I'm glad, that was a lot of work to do for you." I joke at him, he laughs. "Why don't you go tour the guard area with Dale." Laurance just nods his head, following behind Dale closely. Once he's gone I turn to Logan, who's smirking at me.

"What." I ask him. He just shake his head, mumbling about 'clueless' under his breathe. Donna hits his arms, scolding at him lightly before shaking her head and looking at me. 

"Don't mind him, he's just being a jerk like always." She says. I nod my head, Turning my head back to Logan.

"Logan, you've been a merchant in O'khasis right?" I ask him, my tone turning serious all off a sudden. It's probably what gave me his immediate attention.

"Yea, why?" He asks, trying to sound nice for once. You can still hear the harshness in it but you can tell he's trying. I'll him point for that alone.

"What do you know about the High Priestess of O'khasis?" I ask him. His gaze turns cold, and I could hear the low growl in his throat.

"He is a manipulative bastards who only cares about himself. He's evil Aphmau, a very evil person." He says coldly. His voice had gotten deeper, and it sounded like for once he chose his words carefully to describe him.

"Well he's visiting Phoenix Drop. It's on the terms of O'khasis and Phoenix Drop becoming alliances." I tell him, my voice staying the same, unlike his. I can't show hate or dislike towards Logan for the word he just said, because it's his opinion. I can't change that, but I can take his  words into consideration.

"I wouldn't trust him, Lady Aphmau. He looks for every opportunity to make himself better, no matter who or what gets hurt." He says, his eyes locking into mine to make sure I get what he's saying.

"I hear Logan, I'll take that into consideration." I say softly. I watch as Donna walks over to calm him down. He does his breathing exercises to calm himself. "I'm sorry for making you angry Logan. I just needed to know what I'm getting us into."

"It's alright kid, that guy just really pisses me off." Logan says. "I don't know how so much evil can hide behind that mask." He shakes his head before sitting down, his hand in Donna's. I walk away feeling completely guilty for making him angry like that. I know making him angry would make his wolf come out, and most people in the village don't know about him being a werewolf. I almost made the bad side of him come out in front of everyone. 

"Good going Aph. What a great Lord you are." I say, walking to the guard tower to relax and just look out to the ocean. I need to calm down myself.

I sit on the ledge and I wait. I wait for something to happen. Or at least till someone gets me.

--------------------

I'm beat guys. four 1000 word chapter in one day. Just for you guys I swear.

but in all honesty I like that you like my story.

so Like and Follow to give me extra confidence and to make my ego bigger please.

-Kawaii

P.S. not Proofread