Chapter 10|Remake

Laurance POV

"How exactly do you feel about this Laurance?" Zane says, swiping his sword clean of my blood, "I mean, Lady Aphmau practically gave up her freedom  for you and this village. But mainly you." 

"Why do you care?" I asks through the pain. He smiles at me, a smile that does not belong to someone like him.

"Well, if I were you, and I cared for Lady Aphmau with all of my heart," He pauses. "I guess I would feel bad for her." He doesn't even come close to how I feel. I don't feel bad for Aph, I feel mortified for Aph. She's given everything away to make everyone happy, and its gotten to the point where she's given too much to make everyone happy.

"She will be fine." I say. "You can't let anything happen to her, or everyone will see you as a bad husband. She will lead everyone the right why, and you'll follow her."

"I will lead this village, and she will follow behind me!" he screams the first part, then calms down when he finishes his sentence. I smile to myself, or at least as much as I could without it hurting. He wants complete power, but without complete power he gets mad. I know Aph will never let him have complete power.

"You can try, but Aph is strong, and everyone trust her more then they trust you." I say.

"Hmm, good point." He says. "I think I am going to use an example out of you." He says, a sly smirk rising on his face. I pull myself back against the wall, raising my head to look at him head on.

"What do you mean." I ask, my tune uncertain. 

"Maybe an execution." he says, "People respond best to fear. If they're afraid of dying, then they won't not listen. And you're in the way anyway. Lady Aphmau obviously has feeling for you."

"You'll lead this village to ashes." I say, caring very much about everyone who lives here. They've all been so kind to me and welcomed me with no problem.

"Maybe that's exactly what this village needs." He says, turning around to walk up the stairs. I groan, trying to get into a more comfortable position. I feel pain shoot up my body and I can't help but cry out in pain.

"I'm sorry Aph," I whisper into the air like she's there. I lay myself on the ground, imagining what Aph is doing right now, and how she's feeling at the moment. Will she be sad if I die? Will it matter to her as much as it matters to me? I don't want to die, I don't want to leave her yet, but here I am. A prisoner to Zane as I wait for him to kill me jus to send a message. Leaving her hurts more than anything I feel right now. I sigh feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry I let you down."

Aphmau POV 

I wipe away more tears, holding my breathe to stop them from flowing. It has officially been there days since Zane has proposed to me. In those three days, all I have been able to do is cry. I heard at some point that Zane dropped the news about our marriage, but I wasn't the to see it. I haven't left my house in days.

The only way I found out about Zane and the announcements, is Kawaii~Chan and Zoey. They said a lot of things happened at one time. Donna apparently went crazy and Logan had to hold her down. Dale apparently also spoke his mind, along with Emma and Corey and everyone else in the village.

"Kawaii~Chan still doesn't know how Aphmau~Senpai got stuck in such a deal with Zane~Kun." She says, taking a slice of her cakes. 

"Zane said if I didn't marry him Phoenix Drop and O'Khasis will go to war." I say for like the fifth time, but I can actually understand if she didn't understand me for the first four. I was a hysteric mess when I was talking to them.

"But Aphmau, that can't be the only reason." Zoey said, "All of us would have completely understand if you weren't ready to get married yet. For Irene's sake you just turned eighteen a little over a week ago."

"I know it just..." I pause, my heart breaking more as I think about Laurance. Only I Irene knows how much they've beat him up since I've been gone. If it gets any worse, he might just die.

"Aph, are you okay?" Zoey asks. "Is there something you're not telling us?"

"Laurance." I tell them. "They're hurting Laurance."

"But why." Kawaii~Chan asks, he chewing on her cake coming to an abrupt stop.

"Because I care for him, a lot. More then a Lord should to their guard." I say, my cheeks heating up once I admit it.

"Aph-"

"Lady Aphmau, I believe that we are to be speaking on terms of a wedding." I hear Zane say at the door. I glare at him across the room. He looks as evil as ever, and I catch a glimpse at the blood on his jacket.

"I don't feel like it."

"I do, we have to have the wedding before my short departure back home." Zane says. "Ladies, you are dismissed."

"We'll stay with Lady Aphmau." Zoey says, standing up straight to Zane. "I think that it will be best for all of us." Zane glares at her for a slight second, before smiling and taking a seat. He looks at me.

"A private wedding, which will consist of you, me, a few of my guards, and a trusted priest to marry us." He says.

"Why can't you do it?" 

"Well, I can't marry myself to someone." He says. "We have to do it traditionally. And one more thing that is special on our list, but that will be a surprise." He smiles, a genuine smile on his face at the thought of what he wanted to do. That kind of smile honestly looks worse than his evil smile, and I don't think thats how smiles are suppose to work.

"We can have a wedding a week from today." I say, trying to trick him into thinking he would actually be here. It's fruitily attempt, because the moment I say the sentence, he starts to shake his head.

"That would be terrible, I wouldn't even be here." He says, shaking his hand in the air as it were nothing. "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" I say, going over my daily schedule n my head. I'm pretty sure I have plans tomorrow.

"Tomorrow. The special surprise will on work tomorrow. The wedding will be held on my boat. Tomorrow, one of my guards will escort you to be prepped into you dress, and then the wedding will begin." He tells me all at once, but my headway is so busy racing at the thought of having to get married tomorrow that I'm not really in the zone to be listening to him right.

"But-"

"No Buts. We made a deal, and the deal takes place tomorrow." He says. "Be there, or else."

I just nod my head. I know what the or else is, and I really don't want to hurt him more."

-----------------------

So I have a hurricane flying in my direction, and I don't know if I'll be able to post the last few chapters in the next few days, but I'll try to update for as long as I can. There is probably going to be 1-2 more chapters, and then I'm going to transfer over to the second book. I plan to change a lot more in there and to add some more stuff so I can start book 3. Youmight be seeing some people like Aaron (no Aarmau here tho), Katelyn, and Lilith come into the picture. When I first wrote these books, I had a big problem off not having any character interaction other than Aph and Laur, so I hope that adds to plot and story.

Anyway, you know what to do. DOn't forget yo like and follow. Comment on how you think this story is going, and I you like my plans on who I want to add and where I want my plot to go.

-Kawaii

P.S. Not proofread

P.S.S. I'm now going to an arts Schoo where I'm taking creative writing, so my writing should get better at some point. Sorry if my writing style is a little wonky.