Chapter 6(Remake)

Aphmau POV

"Happy birthday Lady Aphmau." Emmalyn tells me. I smile, a thanks passing through my mouth for like the thousandth time today. I've personally never been one for my birthday, mainly because on my birthday I would get the worst beatings. My birthday was always special until my mother died. All that remained after her death was the reminder that he birthday was on the same say as mine.

"I told you that you don't have to get me anything." I tell her when she hands me a neatly wrapped present. She smile, pushing her glasses closer to her face.

"And I told you I would get you one anyway." She says. I unwrap the present, my OCD getting the best of me when even the smallest tear happens.I tilt my head to the side when I see what it is. "I remember you telling me how your always so busy you barely get the time to read, so I picked a book out that I think you'll like specifically. It's about a lord who does amazing things for her village and other villages. I reminded of someone when I saw it." 

"Aw Emmalyn that's so sweet." I say hugging her. She awkwardly hugs back. It's not that she doesn't want to hug me, it's just that usually she doesn't like human contact. "I gotta go check on everyone else before night, thanks for the gift Em." I started checking up on everyone later than usual because I had to spend the first half of the day looking for Laurance. He was gone when I woke up, and apparently nobody has seen him all day.

"By Aph. Why don't you go see Donna and Logan, I think they had something they wanted to tell you." Emmalyn says, already stuffing her face into a new book. I smile, telling her 'I'll go see' while walking out the door. Everyone has been so kind to me, giving me gift even though I told everyone not to. 

"Aph, sweetie there you are." Donna says, hugging me tightly. It's kind of how a mother would hug their child. I hug back just as enthusiastically, what can I say. I love hugs.

"Hi Donna. Emmalyn said you wanted to see me." I say, fixing my hair back into it place before it got tangled. She nods her head, handing me a gift before grabbing my arm and pulling me in the direction of the barn. "Oh, I totally forgot about helping Kiki today. I say grabbing my head. I try to sprint to her barn, but Donna has a firm grip on my arm.

"Don't worry hon. I'm sure she's perfectly fine with you not helping her with her barn problem." Donna smirks at me, which is kind of unsettling because it makes her look like she's plotting something, which I'm sure she is.

"Are you sure. I said I would help and I always keep my-" I stop when I see the inside of the barn all decorated with balloons, everyone wearing party hats, and the big cake that has happy birthday Aphmau~Senpai written down the center. "Oh that's why you asked for the sugar."

"I'm surprised you didn't guess it. I mean it was pretty obvious, even for someone who's been here for three days." I hear someone whisper in my ear. I spin around to retort something back to him, but then I see his hair. It's back to normal.

"Laurance what happened to your hair? I ask, reaching up to touch it. He makes a face, which I would absolutely giggle to if I wasn't in complete awe right now. 

"I snuck into mettle early morning so I could  see Cadenza. She was happy to see me and happy to give you this for your birthday," He hands me a perfectly wrapped gift. I put it on top of Donna's. "And I got you this." He hands me a silver pendant thats shaped like a coin. It's gorgeous. "Sorry I couldn't wrap it. I was kind of rushing to get here."

"That's completely fine." I say, "How much did that cost?" I ask, feeling guilty about him buying a gift that looks very expensive.

"Six diamond give or take." He smile goofily at me, "Yeah I owe the chicken shaman 3 diamonds now." He scratches the back of his neck before putting the necklace on me. I pull my hair up so he can clasp the necklace to itself. "It looks nice on you," I open my mouth to tell him to take it back, but he reads my mind. "I'm not taking it back."