Chapter 3(remake)

Aphmau POV

I wait patiently for Laurance to come out. It has honestly been minutes since he has gone into the bathroom to get ready. In fact I think he dropped a few things because I would hear a clunk and then an 'I'm okay' from behind the door.

"Lady Aphmau." I hear a knock at the door, "May I come in."

"Yes Garroth." I say, pointing towards the chair for him to sit. "You know how I hate talking formally."

"I know. We have problems with O'Khasis. Their having their High Priestess visit to see the village and to see if we are worthy of their alliance." He says, resting his sword against the wall. "If they have my brother visit, he's going to be persistent in finding all the flaws there is to our home."

"We need this alliance Garroth. My father had broken all the chains to the past villages my mother managed to make. I understand we can always ask another village, but O'khasis has alliances with all the other villages. We would stand no chance against  unless we get this-"

"I understand Aph," He interrupts me, seriousness locked onto his face, "I'll try to talk to him when he get here. Its the least I can do for everything you've done for me." He looks around the room. "Where'd that Laurance go. He seemed happy to see you." 

"Garroth stop." I stop him from saying something offensive that might come out of his mouth. "He's my friend. He helped me when I was hurt, so I am in his debt. He needed help, so I'm helping him. Nothing is happening between us." I tell him. I knew he was going to take Laurances and I's relationship out of context. I admit we were a thing, and I really had feelings for him, but my feelings eventually faded away. I know Garroth has feeling for me still, but I honestly think it's best if we stay friends.

"He touched you like you to have been in love for years. Aphmau I have my suspicions." He says, crossing his arms and looking at me sharply with those blue eyes of his. They make me alert and slightly on edge because I swear I see crazy in them.

"Garroth trust me." I tell him, desperation and firmness in my voice. "He is fine."

"Listen to your Lord, Garroth. I mean no harm, and I'm not trying to take your lady," He looks at me, "Atleast not yet." He winked at me. A roll me eyes at his effortless flirting, but even though I looked annoyed it still made my heart race.

"Have Raven send O'khasis a letter accepting High Priestess Zane into our village in a week. In the meantime we can clean the village up, finish the repairs on my house, and have my guest room ready for him when he visits." I tell him. He nods his head picking up his sword. As he walks to the door he give Laurance a scolding.

I shake my head as Laurance gives him a witty comeback. "I would never hurt you Aphmau. That's the last thing I would ever want to do to you." He says, taking my hand. His beautiful green eyes locked onto mine, and I swear my heart stopped. I collected myself, rubbing my hands against my dress before smiling at him.

"You look decent." I say, noting how the white shirt is a bit loose on his body, but the pants fiit him well. "The pants contrast well with you hair."

"Haha Aph," He says, faking an annoyed look. "I think I look fairly decent."

"You look fine." I say, "Now all we need to wait for is your house preparations to be done." 

"Can't I stay here with you." He asked. I blush, the thought lingering in my head for longer than it should. It makes me all tingly inside and oddly happy to the thought him living here. 

"Maybe." I say, "Laurance, tell me about you and your adventure since I've been absent in your life." I smile brightly at him, but his smile drops to a frown.

"Um, Well I guess I'll tell you the good things," He stops and looks at the ground. "I got adopted shortly after you disappeared, and I guess it made since when you left now. You were the Lords daughter and you were actually visiting. I always suspected you found out me being a Orphan didn't qualify me as being your friend." The sound of my heart breaking rung against the walls. "Don't worry M'lady. I have a feeling you aren't like that."

"Who adopted you." I ask him. He smiles for a second, it was a happy smile, then the sad frown came back.

"The Lord of Meteli." I'm sure that the shock is covering my face. "I really have Cadenza to thank for that. We had really grown close in the orphanage. She refused to be adopted without me coming with her. I really wanted to smack her in the head for her."

"Did you?" I ask, genuinely curious if he did or not. He smiles at me.

"No, she would've smacked me back harder. She's gotten more fierce over the years, and I'm sure she'd like to see you again." He says. He finally looks me in the eyes for the first time in this entire speech. He's trying to hide the sadness in the, but its still just a little visible in his eyes. I know that look, because I use to hold that look in my eyes.

"Something happened to your father, didn't it?" I ask him. He tenses for a second, breathing in deeply before looking away.

"Someone attacked the village while I was on watch. I was suppose to protect him, and I failed. We couldn't save him, because the arrow pierced his heart." He pauses, "Everyone went against me so fast. The only person who stayed was Cadenza. I'm sure she would've left with me if the position of Lord never fell into her hands. So I left, maybe a month ago, and had been looking for a home for a month." He smiles. "I don't think you realized how much you've helped me yet. You don't owe me anything anymore, because now I am the one who owes you. Thank you." 

My heart melted at his heartfelt thank you. Laurance never lost that sweetness over the years. "You don't owe me anything, Laurance." I tell him, he squeezes my hand, which catches me off guard. I wasn't aware that we were still holding hand. It felt so natural to hold it. 

"Lady Aphmau, may I ask you something?" He whispers. I look at him, nodding my head slightly. "May I become one of you personal guards?"

--------------------

Another chapter just for you guys. Know I am remaking this for those who think this story was trashy, such as myself, and just never said anything about it. I thank those who are supportive of me and this story.

So a special thank you to my reader.

Like and Follow

-Kawaii

P.S. not Proofread